Improve City Management
Monitor and manage multi-sensor data to serve residents better.
A Multi-Sensor Internet of Everything Platform
Electric streetlights are essential elements of a municipal environment. They affect residents’ sense of safety and place while influencing a city’s ability to create an inviting environment for business and tourism. Unfortunately, outdoor lights are also a major energy draw.
To reduce electrical demand, cities are moving a large percentage of 4 billion outdoor lighting fixtures toward light-emitting diode (LED) technology. This global transition can be a gateway to adopting a common platform on which to launch a number of smart-city solutions.
The Smart+Connected Lighting solution combines with the Smart+Connected Multi-Sensor Node to create a powerful light-sensory network (LSN). These ultra-capable standards-based systems gather a wide variety of data from the environment, including levels of humidity, CO2 and O2, UVA and UVB light, particulate matter, motion and seismic activity, video, sound, and more.
Transmitted over an LSN, this data is capable of supporting many city services across a common infrastructure: from law enforcement to environmental improvement, transportation oversight, and earthquake preparedness.
- Reduce energy consumption, cost, and maintenance
- Improve citizen vehicle compliance and increase violation capture and city revenue
- Enhance situational awareness, real-time collaboration, and decision making across city agencies
- Add intelligent Internet of Everything (IoE) innovations to transportation, utilities, public safety, and environmental monitoring without adding significantly more physical infrastructure
- Real-time data communications with low latency (or minimal delay), to improve safety and security
- Analytics capabilities powerful enough to perform real-time analysis of raw high-definition (HD) video streams
- Algorithms that transmit data-rich content without the need for high-bandwidth equipment
- Security layered throughout the system from node to cloud that can support new applications and requirements over time
- Learn more about the Smart+Connected Lighting Solution (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Smart+Connected Core Node (Internal) Data sheet (PDF - 404 KB)
- Smart+Connected Core Node (External) Data sheet (PDF - 369 KB)
- Cisco Smart+Connected Cellular Core Node (External) Data Sheet (PDF - 407 KB)
- Smart+Connected Advanced Node Datasheet (PDF - 409 KB)