Networks You Can Rely On
Cisco managers deliver on-the-spot bandwidth for major trade show demos.
Get Ultra-Broadband Connections Instantly
Use Cisco 4G LTE solutions to create primary or backup WAN links in a snap. Connect a branch office, temporary site, vehicle, or Internet of Things (IoT) device with broadband cellular service as needed. You'll not only set up your connections quickly, but you'll also get the benefit of all the intelligent routing capabilities of Cisco IOS Software in your mobile WAN. That's a first, and only Cisco can make that claim.
Cisco IOS-enabled 4G LTE connections are available with Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). They come embedded in Cisco 800 Series standalone routers or as add-ons to modular 1900, 2900, and 3900 ISRs. You get speeds a hundred times faster than a T1/E1 link can deliver and 20 times faster than 3G cellular services, plus IP end to end.
Rapidly connect any branch, remote, and mobile site with the power of Cisco IOS Software. All while lowering setup costs and monthly service fees.
What's In It for You?
There are many benefits to using 4G LTE as a fixed WAN access connection. For example, you can:
- Set up wireless WANs without waiting weeks for terrestrial links.
- Connect in-vehicle users for public safety applications.
- Create temporary links in construction sites, sporting events, trade shows, and kiosks.
- Avoid downtime caused by cable cuts by using 4G LTE for routing diversity.
- Get wired-like communication experiences using less-expensive wireless links.
What Is 4G LTE?
Fourth-generation Long Term Evolution is the fastest commercial mobile WAN service available, and you can get it all over the world. Use 4G LTE to quickly add an inexpensive broadband backup link and create diverse WAN routes for greater business continuity. Or bring up new offices, mobile sites, and temporary locations within hours.
To take advantage of 4G LTE technology, you need a modern router with a 4G LTE WAN interface connection. You also need a 4G LTE data services plan and an associated subscriber interface module (SIM) card from your wireless network operator.
What Makes Cisco 4G LTE Better?
Cisco 4G LTE solutions include standalone wireless routers, modular routers plus 4G LTE interface modules, and antennas. We combine the speed, reliability, and rapid deployment benefits of 4G LTE wireless networks with the intelligent routing capabilities of Cisco ISRs. That means that the rich Cisco IOS Software service set, long available over landlines, now reaches across the wireless WAN. You get the enhanced quality of service (QoS), security, and other Layer 3 networking services you enjoy with your Cisco landline routers in the mobile WAN. That's unique to the Cisco solution.
Capitalize on Cisco 4G LTE solutions in a variety of machine-to-machine (M2M) and other environments. These uses are growing by the day across a variety of industries. Here are just a few examples:
- Healthcare: Use Cisco 4G LTE to monitor patients' vital signs. Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is one of the fastest-growing aspects of the medical field, because it is more efficient and costs less than having patients repeatedly visit healthcare facilities. And it makes healthcare accessible to patients who are unable to travel.
- Security: Quickly connect M2M devices to 4G LTE to monitor residences, businesses, and municipalities for public safety. Transmit video surveillance from ATMs and automated toll collection systems.
- Transportation: Combine GPS coordinates and 4G LTE services to track vehicle location and monitor critical onboard diagnostic sensors. Dynamically respond to dispatch and location changes for better customer service and resource use and cut overall operating costs.
- Utility: Improve the energy efficiency and security of critical infrastructure by remotely monitoring transmission and substation equipment, reading meters, and tracking usage.
- Retail: Quickly connect a temporary location, such as a seasonal kiosk or point-of-sale terminal.
Learn More About 4G LTE:
Getting Started with 4G LTE
There are many 4G LTE product options and configurations. How do you choose the right ones and put them together into a working solution?
First, you need a 4G LTE-capable router and a 4G LTE wireless data service plan from a mobile network provider. The Cisco partner community will help you pick the wireless router solution best suited to your business.
For assistance in choosing, contact a local Cisco partner. If you already know what you want and prefer to order online, find an online ordering partner. If you need assistance directly from Cisco, please let us know how we can help.
Flexible Options for Next-Generation Connectivity
Cisco can help you meet your business needs when migrating to a fourth-generation Long Term Evolution network.
Our 4G LTE products and solutions accommodate a wide variety of situations and use cases. You can get connectivity built right into a fixed router, whether it’s in a traditional office or hardened for harsh environments. Or you can get the capability as an add-on module to routers you already have. Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) and smart grid Connected Grid Routers (CGRs) support 4G LTE connections in the branch office.
|4G LTE Product Type (Component Solution)||Use Cases||Cisco Products|
|Fixed ISRs (nonhardened)||Machine-to-machine (M2M) and business continuity apps in office and other traditional environments||Cisco 819 router
Cisco 890 router
|Fixed ISRs (hardened)||M2M apps in harsh and industrial environments||Cisco 819 router|
|Modular ISRs (nonhardened)||General-purpose WAN routing with requirements for flexible network interface choices with high throughput||Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers|
|Modular Connected Grid Routers (hardened)||Flexible interface choices for use in the utility and energy industry for smart grid applications||Cisco 2000 Series Connected Grid Routers|
|Modular ISR and CGR WAN interface cards||For use with modular routers||Enhanced wireless high-speed interface cards|
|Internal and external specialized antennas||Various use cases||Antenna selection guide|
Successfully Implementing 4G LTE
A successful 4G LTE solution deployment requires specific configuration elements. This section contains resources where you can find typical configurations as well as key troubleshooting processes and techniques.