More Customers Choose Cisco UCS
IDC gives Cisco top ranking in x86 blade server market share for the Americas. See why.
Delivering Innovation to Customers
Cisco and Microsoft executives discuss how Cisco UCS market momentum helps customers.View Video
End-to-End Virtualization Solution
Cisco and EMC create a new Microsoft Hyper-V Fast Track solution.Learn More
Improving Performance and More
Cisco UCS provides an efficient, cost-effective environment for enterprise applications.See How
Run Your Trusted Applications on a Trusted Platform
Microsoft executive Brad Anderson comments on Cisco UCS market momentum.
- Respond rapidly to changing business needs
- Scale the data center while avoiding complexity
- Accelerate your transition to private cloud and hybrid cloud environments
The Cisco Unified Data Center and its underlying network, computing, and management components offer a holistic, single-fabric data center infrastructure architecture. Highly secure and scalable, the solution optimizes the Microsoft portfolio of enterprise applications and technologies, including:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SQL Server, including online transaction processing, data warehousing, and business intelligence solutions
- Microsoft private cloud solutions, including server and virtual desktop initiatives
Ready for Microsoft Private Cloud Solutions
Cisco and Microsoft help companies deliver the benefits of Microsoft private cloud solutions. Support simpler deployments of private cloud environments by relying on Cisco support for Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V, as well as integration with System Center 2012 R2. To help you accelerate your transition to the cloud, Cisco, EMC, and NetApp offer validated designs for shared infrastructures and the Microsoft private cloud. These pretested architectural design guides help you achieve greater use of physical and virtual resource pools.
Improving SQL Server Performance and More
Cisco UCS provides efficient, cost-effective environment for SQL Server 2014.
Validated Designs & UCS Manager Downloads
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V is an important step in Microsoft's evolution. It provides an industry-leading platform for virtualization that provides a foundation both for on-premise private clouds, host-provided public clouds, and workloads such as Exchange, SQL Server, and SharePoint. The main new features of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V include:
- Virtualization for a heterogeneous environment with industry-leading capabilities for Microsoft Windows and Linux workloads
- Enhanced manageability, supporting large-scale server management with the same simplicity as single-server management
- Capability to run any application in any cloud using a common feature set for both on and off-premises deployments
The Cisco Data Center portfolio of the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) server family and Cisco Nexus switch family makes full use of these enhancements. It also adds capabilities based on Cisco experience and innovations as the industry's leading network and data center technology provider. Cisco can deliver a complete solution for your enterprise based on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V. The main Cisco technologies focused on Windows Server 2012 R2 include the following:
- Cisco UCS server platform
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches and Cisco Data Center Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX)
- Cisco UCS Manager, PowerTool for PowerShell and other Cisco management technologies
Efficient management of the computing infrastructure is very important for IT organizations. Cisco and Microsoft work together to provide an integrated management experience for workloads and scenarios, both physical and virtual. To that end, Cisco has developed comprehensive infrastructure management tools for your Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) data center that work with and extend tools you may already use to monitor, provision, configure, and orchestrate your Microsoft server and application software. To achieve this unified operations approach, Cisco has:
- Developed the Cisco UCS Management Pack for Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, helping IT staff monitor health status for 1-to-N Cisco UCS
- Built the Cisco UCS Integration Pack for Microsoft System Center 2012 Orchestrator, helping administrators automate and standardize Cisco UCS management
- Integrated Cisco UCS with Microsoft Windows PowerShell through the Cisco UCS PowerTool, making it easier for administrators to manage infrastructure alongside operating systems and applications on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers, Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers, and stand-alone Cisco UCS C-Series servers by using a command-line interface (CLI)
Cisco brings together Windows Server, Microsoft's applications, networking, storage, virtualization, and management resources into manageable and scalable data center solutions. Addressing today's critical data center concerns, these solutions rely on Cisco UCS computing infrastructure. It provides an optimal environment for your Microsoft applications and virtualization and cloud-computing technologies:
Cisco systems and solutions deliver scalability and performance for tens of thousands of Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
Cisco systems and solutions improve scalability, availability, and manageability for Microsoft SharePoint deployments.
Cisco systems and solutions are designed, tested, and documented for Microsoft SQL Server deployments.
Cisco systems and solutions, plus Microsoft virtualization, can help you reduce costs, increase agility, and improve business results.
Intel, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers and Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for Microsoft Exchange 2010
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for Microsoft SQL Server and Consolidation
Cisco in Your Data Center: The Optimal Infrastructure for Microsoft Environments and Applications (PDF - 3 MB)
Swiburne University (PDF - 382 KB)
Toyota of South Africa
nGenX (PDF - 365 KB)
Cisco Unified Computing System: Deploy Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Cisco Unified Computing System: Meet the Challenges of Microsoft SharePoint Server Workloads
Cisco Unified Computing System: Meet the Challenges of Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V
Cisco Unified Computing Systems: Meet the Challenges of Microsoft SQL Server Workloads
Cloud Ready: Architectural Integration into FlexPod with Microsoft Private Cloud Solution (PDF - 1 MB)
Creating a Best-of-Breed Private Cloud with Cisco and Windows Server 2012 (PDF - 203 KB)
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 with AlwaysOn Using Cisco UCS C-Series Servers and Fusion ioMemory (PDF - 2 MB)
Optimally Manage the Data Center Using Systems Management Tools from Cisco and Microsoft