Get High-Performance Wireless Connectivity Outdoors
Extend high-performance wireless connectivity to the outdoors with next-generation Cisco Aironet 1550 Series wireless access points. This series is based on Cisco 802.11n technology with integrated silicon-level spectrum intelligence to detect, classify, and mitigate RF interference.
Features and Capabilities
Our 1550 wireless outdoor models with Cisco CleanAir technology are enterprise and carrier-grade 802.11n access points. They offer flexible, highly secure, and scalable mesh network deployment for high-performance mobility across large metropolitan-sized areas, enterprise campuses, manufacturing yards, mining pits, and more.
The 1550 Series supports multiple-device and multiple-network application delivery such as real-time seamless mobility, video surveillance, 3G and 4G data offload, and public and private Wi-Fi access.
Our 1550 access points provide:
- Operational continuity for mission-critical applications in hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories
- Different models to best suite your deployment needs
- Deeper levels of security, performance protection, and policy enforcement
- Integrated wired and wireless, which provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions, including wireless, switching, routing, and security
- Flexibility and scalability of reliable multi-service and multi-network application delivery
1552 Outdoor Access Point Products
Cisco Aironet 1552C and 1552CU Access Points
These models are perfect for 3G data offload applications and public Wi-Fi. They include integrated DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 (8x4 HFC) compliant cable modems for power and backhaul.
Cisco Aironet 1552E and 1552EU Access Points
These models are well equipped for municipal and campus deployments, video surveillance applications, mining environments, and data offload. They offer a dual-radio system with external antenna ports, and Ethernet and fiber Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) backhaul options.
Cisco Aironet 1552H Access Point
The 1552H is designed for hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and manufacturing factories. It is certified for Class 1, Div 2/Zone 2 hazardous locations.
Cisco Aironet 1552I Access Point
The 1552I has integrated antennas and it is a low-profile, lighter-weight model in the 1550 Series. The smaller size and sleeker look helps it blend in with the surrounding environment.
Specifications at a Glance
- Dual Wi-Fi radio system-compliant with IEEE 802.11a/n (5-GHz) and 802.11b/g/n (2.4-GHz) standards
- Cisco CleanAir technology provides integrated spectrum intelligence for a self-configuring and self-healing network
- Improved 802.11n range and performance with 2 x 3 MIMO technology
- Multiple IEEE radio support (802.11a/n, 802.11b/g/n)
- Three antenna MIMO and two spatial streams
- Multiple uplink and power options
- AP1552H designed for hazardous environments (Certified Class 1 Div2/Zone2 Enclosure)