Delivering PSTN, PBX and Analog Device Connectivity
Cisco TDM Gateways offer a variety of different voice network modules to deliver IP connectivity to the PSTN, a PBX, or an analog device. They also provide toll bypass services within an enterprise network. Cisco TDM Gateway modules are deployed on Cisco 2900 Series, 3900 Series, and 4451-X Integrated Services Routers (ISRs).
Features and Capabilities
Modular Cisco ISRs support a wide variety of gateway interface cards, and services. These gateway services can also coexist with other Cisco ISR routing, switching, security, or unified communications services, such as Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST). The Cisco TDM Gateway family includes:
- Analog and digital voice and fax interface cards and modules
- T1, E1, and G.703 Multiflex trunk voice and WAN interface cards
- Digital signal processors for voice and video
- Cisco Unified Communications Gateway Services API
Benefits of using Cisco TDM Gateways include:
- Broad deployment support: voice, video, and voice and fax over IP, Frame Relay, and ATM
- Ability to deploy globally and support a wide range of CODECs, protocols, all key interfaces
- Enhanced user experience, reducing background noise and preventing acoustic shock
- Proven interoperability with Cisco products, third-party PBXs, and service providers
- Flexibility, providing multiple services on one platform and using router features for improved interworking
- Simplifying SIP Migration, Improving Availability
- BT Offers a Unique Cloud Security Solution (PDF - 715.87 KB)
Use a single web-based API to build applications for Cisco TDM Gateways and Cisco Unified Border Element.
Learn how SecureLogix adds value to Cisco TDM Gateway deployments.