Flexible 10 GE Unified Port Switch
The Cisco Nexus 56128P is a wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch offering 10 Gigabit Ethernet, unified ports (UP) and 2 expansion slots in a two-rack-unit form factor. It is optimized for 10 Gigabit Ethernet top-of-rack access, Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) aggregation, VXLAN segmentation, and LAN-SAN convergence. It delivers high performance, operational efficiency, and design flexibility for traditional, virtualized, and cloud environments.
New Cisco Nexus 5600 Switches
Learn how these next-generation switches meet the demands of large-scale converged and virtualized data centers. (06:47 min)
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 56128P Switch is part of the Cisco Nexus Family of data center switches, offering capabilities of the comprehensive Cisco NX-OS feature set.
High Scalability and Performance
The Cisco 56128P switch is designed to meet the scaling demands of traditional and cloud deployments
- Up to 96 10GE ports (of which 48 are UP) and 8 true 40GE QSFP ports.
- Hardware based VXLAN (L2, L3, Gateway) and NVGRE capable
- Up to 1152 ports in a single management domain via Cisco FEX architecture
- Large table sizes and buffers with 1 us latency
The Cisco 56128P switch delivers ease of operations via single point of management and programmability:
- Advanced analytics tool kit with latency and buffer monitoring
- Single point of management with Cisco FEX Architecture
- Programmability - Python scripting, TCL scripting, the Cisco One Platform Kit, OnePK and Openflow.
The Cisco 56128P switch provides deployment flexibility for varying customer needs:
- LAN/SAN Convergence
- Supports Dynamic Fabric Automation (DFA) for simplified virtualized and cloud deployments
- FabricPath support for scalable layer 2 networks
Specifications at a Glance
|Form factor||2-rack unit|
|Number of ports||1152 with FEX|
|10 GE||Up to 96 wire-rate ports|
|40 GE||Up to 8 QSFP ports|
|Unified ports||Up to 48 ports (Ethernet; FCoE; 2/4/8-gigabit FC)|
|10 and 40 Gbps FCoE||Yes|