Gain a Fabric-Extensible, Innovative Platform
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches are designed to deliver high-density top-of-rack (ToR) Layer 2 and Layer 3, 10 Gigabit Ethernet with unified ports in compact one and two-rack-unit form factors. The Cisco Nexus 5000 Series includes Cisco Nexus 5500 and 5600 platforms as part of the Cisco Unified Fabric portfolio.
New Cisco Nexus 5600 Switches
Learn how these next-generation switches meet the demands of large-scale converged and virtualized data centers. (06:47 min)
New Cisco Nexus 5600 Switches
Learn why these new switches are ideal for ToR converged, virtualized, and cloud deployments.See Cisco Nexus 5672UP
See Cisco Nexus 56128P
The comprehensive Cisco NX-OS feature set and 10 Gigabit Ethernet scalability of the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series deliver high performance, operational efficiency, and design flexibility.
Features and Capabilities of the Nexus 5600
The Cisco Nexus 5600 platform offers broad connectivity support, low latency, and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) technology. These capabilities make the switches ideal for ToR access and Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) aggregation in traditional, converged, virtualized, and cloud deployments.
The Cisco 5600 switches are designed to meet the scaling demands of virtualized and cloud deployments.
- Supports up to 1152 ports in a single management domain with Cisco FEX architecture
- It provides a hardware-based VXLAN (Layer 2, Layer 3, gateway) and is capable of network virtualization generic routing encapsulation (NVGRE).
- It delivers integrated Layer 3 services with large table sizes and buffers with 1-microsecond latency.
The Cisco 5600 switches simplify operations:
- Cisco FEX architecture provides a single point of management
- Advanced analytics toolkit makes it easy to monitor latency and buffering
- Programmers can use Python, Tool Command Language (TCL), the Cisco One Platform Kit (onePK), and OpenFlow
The Cisco 5600 switches provide deployment flexibility for varying customer needs:
- Broad connectivity support includes Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and 40 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks; native Fibre Channel; and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Cisco Dynamic Fabric Automation (DFA) is supported for simplified virtualized and cloud deployments
- Cisco FabricPath is supported for scalable Layer 2 networks
Features and Capabilities of the Nexus 5500
The Cisco Nexus 5500 Switches simplify convergence through broad connectivity support. This makes them ideal top-of-rack access switches for traditional and converged deployments. Key Cisco Nexus 5500 Series features include:
The Cisco 5500 switches are designed to meet the scalability demands of today's data centers:
- Up to 1152 ports in a single management domain using Cisco FEX architecture
- Up to 96 unified ports
Simplified operations through single point of management and programmability:
- Single point of management with FEX architecture
- Programmability for Python scripting, TCL scripting, the Cisco One Platform Kit (onePK), and Openflow
The Cisco 5500 switches deliver deployment flexibility to meet varying customer needs:
- Broad connectivity support including Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 10G-BASE-T, 40 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, native Fibre Channel, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Dynamic Fabric Automation (DFA) support for simplified virtualized and cloud deployments
- FabricPath support for scalable Layer 2 networks
Cisco Nexus Switches earn IT Brand Pulse's FCoE brand recognition award.
See how Fabric Extender Technology makes more efficient use of resources. (3:50 min)
Extend Your Data Center Fabric
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 5596T Switch
Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch
Cisco Nexus 5548UP Switch