Agility, Flexibility, and Simplicity at Scale
Simplify your data center operations with Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders. As part of the Cisco Data Center Networking portfolio, they integrate into existing network infrastructures as well as Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). These fabric extenders offer a flexible solution to add access port connectivity to your data center network.
Learn about the next-generation Cisco Nexus 2300 Series Fabric Extenders (3:05 min)
Learn the benefits of Fabric Extender Technology with a single point of management. (3:29 min)
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders are designed to provide connectivity for rack and blade servers, as well as converged fabric deployments. As the third generation in the Cisco Fabric Extender portfolio, the Nexus 2300 Series provides a wide range of benefits.
Deliver Leading Innovations for the Data Center:
- Simplify the migration from 100M or 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps at the server access
- Support for Cisco 40 Gb Bi-directional optics offer cost-effective migration to 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Larger buffers support a wide variety of workloads such as multicast feeds and voice traffic
- Additional ternary content addressable memory (TCAM) combines advanced features and local flow redirect capabilities
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership:
- Flexibility and simplified cabling of top-of-rack (ToR) designs
- Simplified management and efficient utilization of an end-of-row (EoR) design
Gain Architectural Flexibility
- Integrate into various architecture types
- Deploy and re-deploy as your needs change so you protect your investments.
- Unified Ports support flexible LAN and SAN deployment through support for Ethernet, Fiber Channel, and Fiber Channel over Ethernet connectivity.
- Parent switch support spans the Cisco Nexus 5000, Nexus 6000, Nexus 7000, and Nexus 9000 Series Switches, as well as Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect.
See how fabric extender technology helps to ensure efficient resource utilization. (3:54 min)
Better performance helps Molina Healthcare expand its business and improve efficiency. (5:27 min)
Broadcom endorses Cisco Adapter FEX technology and FCoE. (2:46 min)
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco Nexus 2348UPQ 10GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2332TQ 10GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2248PQ 10GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2248TP GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2232PP 10GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2232TM 10GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2224TP GE Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus 2148T Fabric Extender
Cisco Nexus B22 Blade Fabric Extender