Build a Next-Generation Network
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches create the network foundation for your next-generation Unified Fabric data center. Modular switches, including the Nexus 7000 and 7700 series, deliver a comprehensive Cisco NX-OS feature set and open source programmable tools for SDN deployments. They offer high-density 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet with application awareness and performance analytics for the data center.
Video Data Sheet
Learn the advantages offered by Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches. (5:40 min)Read Data Sheet
Accelerating 40 GE Adoption
The Cisco bidirectional transceiver is a cost-effective 40 Gigabit Ethernet solution.Read Data Sheet
Features and Capabilities
A Single End-to-End Platform
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches offer one of the most comprehensive data center network feature sets in a single platform. They deliver high performance and density for core, aggregation, end-of-row, and top-of-rack server deployments in a highly resilient modular platform.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series runs on Cisco NX-OS Software. It was specifically designed for the most mission-critical enterprise and service provider data center deployments.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series was designed around three principles:
- Infrastructure scalability – Virtualization, efficient power and cooling, cloud scale with automation, high density, and performance all support efficient data center growth.
- Operational continuity – The design integrates hardware, NX-OS software features, and management to support zero-downtime environments.
- Transport flexibility – You can incrementally and cost-effectively adopt new networking technologies.
Technologies that you can support include:
Get Investment Protection
Use Cisco Nexus 7000 industry-leading innovations.Enlarge Graphic
Programmability, SDN Support, and Simplified Operations
Broad, open-source tools and open standards support significantly boost Nexus 7000 programmability and SDN capabilities for virtualized and cloud deployments.
- OpenFlow helps IT define how traffic should flow through the network, providing precise control and helping the network respond to real-time changes.
- Chef and Puppet software agents provide an open-source interface to automate device configuration and management.
- Cisco onePK provides an API toolkit for rapidly developing network services.
- Programmability tools, including JSON and REST API, and guest shell with support for Python are available.
- Simplified operations are made possible with Cisco NX-OS patching, control-plane visibility, Bash shell, and the Cisco Nexus Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD).
Remote Integrated Service Engine (RISE)
RISE technology helps enable external service appliances to be tightly integrated into Nexus 7000 and 7700 data planes. Cisco RISE establishes a communication path between the network data plane and the service appliance, simplifying deployments and optimizing data paths with better traffic visibility within the data center. RISE is supported on all Nexus 7000 and 7700 modules.
Cisco Network Analysis Module (NAM) and Citrix NetScalar products are the first to support RISE. Learn More
Cisco Nexus 7000 F3-Series 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet Modules
The next-generation F3-Series modules deliver superior features, scale, and performance. Integrated with Cisco NX-OS Software, the F3 modules deliver one of the industry's broadest feature sets in a single module. This means you can deploy a wide range of network designs while protecting your investments.
Specifications at a Glance
|Nexus 7000||Nexus 7700|
|Number of slots||4, 9, 10, and 18||6, 10 and 18|
|Bandwidth per slot||550 Gbps||1.3Tbps|
|Maximum switching capacity||17.6 Tbps||Up to 83 Tbps|
|1 GE density||Up to 768 ports||Up to 768 ports|
|1/10 GE density with Cisco Nexus 2000||Up to 3072 ports||Up to 3072 ports|
|Line-rate 10 GE density||Up to 768 ports (copper or fiber)||Up to 768 ports|
|40 GE and 100 GE||Up to 192 40 GE ports and 32 100 GE ports||Up to 384 40 GE ports and 192 100 GE ports|
|Hitless software upgrade||Yes: In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)||Yes: ISSU|
Build a Unified Data Center
Optimize data centers for cloud and traditional environments with Cisco Validated Designs.View Design Guide
Scaling Data Centers
Cisco FabricPath scales data center virtualized and traditional networks.Learn More
Extending Layer 2 Networks
OTV extends Layer 2 networks across geographically-dispersed data centers. (PDF - 6.33 MB)Learn How
Models and Documents
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco Nexus 7700 10-Slot Switch
Cisco Nexus 7700 6-Slot Switch
Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch