See Your Data Center Energy Use
See, measure, and manage your IT energy use with Cisco Energy Management for Data Center. Using automated features, you will see 100 percent of your energy used, wasted, and saved for all physical and virtual devices connected to your network. It is the only solution that makes implementing energy management simple, fast, and cost-effective.
Features and Capabilities
- Gain visibility into energy consumption for all physical and virtual devices
- Improve capacity management, with real-time measurement with analytics
- Operate more efficiently by identifying equipment to virtualize or retire
- Improve agility by standing up applications more quickly
- Respond to energy events more quickly
Gain Energy Visibility in Your Data Center
- Remote management, without installing software agents (agentless) provides control of energy use throughout the data center
- Real-time energy measurement of energy consumption and use of any device from any vendor, attached to the network including: switches and routers, physical and virtual servers, storage devices, power distribution units (PDUs), uninterrupted power supply (UPS) devices, and computer room air conditioner (CRAC) units
- Quick time-to-benefit, with installation and device auto-discovery in hours, not days or months
- Powerful analytics, so you can prioritize your actions to make your data center more agile and efficient
- Schedule alerts based on customer-defined thresholds to alert on power, use, and temperature conditions
Support Sustainable Procurement Practices
- Realize immediate and long-term cost savings that can be applied toward reinvestment in new infrastructure or services
- Determine total cost of ownership (TCO), with analytics for power consumption, energy cost, and environmental impact
- Get comparative analysis of the energy cost of new IT purchases, so you can compare equipment and make better decisions
- Identify savings potential based on actual energy demand
Virtualization Identification and Optimization
- Determine prime candidates for virtualization, including underused, low-density servers that consume the most energy
- Remove energy drains by identifying dead and idle servers for retirement
Increase Rack Density
- Increasing rack density, and save energy costs by measuring energy loads and allocating resources
- Accurately measure use and energy loads and allocate the right amount of power for systems and applications
Support Enterprise Sustainability
- Understand energy use, costs, savings, and carbon emissions by device, location, cost center, division, and time of day
- Support regulatory compliance with carbon accounting requirements and energy use reporting
Related Products and Services
- Need to baseline your energy usage? Check out the Cisco Energy Management Discovery Service.
- Need to lower operating expenses across your distributed office? Check out the Cisco Energy Management for Distributed Office.
- Need to boost your energy performance? Check out the Cisco Energy Management Optimization Service.