|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Introducing Cisco EnergyWise
Available across the Cisco Catalyst switching portfolio, the innovative Cisco EnergyWise technology helps increase operational and energy efficiencies while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
» Learn More
The Cisco Catalyst 2975 Switch with LAN Base software is a fixed-configuration, stackable, intelligent Ethernet switch with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Designed to provide enhanced LAN services for commercial branch office networks, and available in a 48-port single unit or a 96-port bundle, the new switch offers:
- Integrated security, including network admission control (NAC)
- Enhanced quality of service (QoS)
- Resiliency to deliver intelligent services for the network edge
- 48 10/100/1000 PoE ports and 4 Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks
- High-speed stacking for up to nine switches and support for cross-stack EtherChannel
- Unified stack management to simplify management of the network access layer
- Auto software image and configuration provisioning for plug-and-play hardware replacement
- Network control and bandwidth optimization using QoS shaping, granular rate limiting, traffic classification, sophisticated access control lists (ACLs), and multicast services
- NAC through a wide range of authentication methods and support for the Cisco Catalyst Integrated Security Framework
- Common Cisco IOS Software with support for Auto QoS and Smartports
- Easy network configuration and troubleshooting using Cisco Network Assistant software
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty
- Software updates at no additional charge
- Cisco EnergyWise to measure, report and reduce energy usage across the entire organization
Built to Last, Reduced TCO (PDF - 3 MB)
Learn why Lippis Report analysts say Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series will be around in 2025.
High-Speed Mobility without Complexity (PDF -175 KB)
To take full advantage of the performance enhancements and scalability offered by 802.11n, follow these easy suggestions to simplify deployment and maximize network efficiency.