Flexible, Scalable, Converged Infrastructure
The Cisco UCS 6248UP 48-Port Fabric Interconnect is a core part of the Cisco Unified Computing System. Typically deployed in redundant pairs, the Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnects provide uniform access to both networks and storage.
Cisco UCS 6200 Fabric Interconnects promote flexible, scalable convergence. (3:48 min)
Feature and Capabilities
Benefit from a low total cost of ownership (TCO) with enhanced features and capabilities:
- Increased bandwidth up to 960 Gbps
- Higher port density: Up to 48 ports in one rack unit (1RU) including one expansion module with 16 unified ports
- High-performance, flexible, unified ports capable of line-rate, low-latency, lossless 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and 4/2/1 and 8/4/2 Fibre Channel
- Reduced port-to-port latency from 3.2 microseconds to 2 microseconds
- Centralized unified management with Cisco UCS Manager
- Efficient cooling and serviceability: Front-to-back cooling, redundant front-plug fans and power supplies, and rear cabling
Highly Scalable Architecture
The Fabric Extender architecture architecture scales up to 20 chassis in a single unified system without additional complexity, eliminating dedicated chassis management and blade switches, and reducing cabling.
VM-FEX technology helps enable a consistent operational model and visibility between physical and virtual environments; it simplifies enforcement of security and network policy when moving virtual machines across hosts.
(All Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects At-a-Glance)