Compact, Affordable Carrier Routing System
The Cisco CRS 4-Slot Single-Shelf System is a compact 140-Gbps router. It extends the network core to regional Class 3 and 4 central offices, multi-system operator (MSO) hub locations, and data center peering sites. The 4-slot system represents a smaller, more cost-effective configuration of the Cisco Carrier Routing System.
Features and Capabilities
- Consists of a single 4-slot, 140-Gbps-per-slot line-card shelf for a total switching capacity of 1120 Gbps
- Protects investments by supporting all CRS physical layer interface modules (PLIMs) and 40G and 140G modular services cards (MSCs)
- Offers you the service flexibility, continuous system operation, and system longevity of the CRS in a smaller and more cost-effective configuration
- Features a midplane design for a space-efficient form factor
- Contains slots for four MSCs, four PLIMs, and two route processors in the front of the chassis