Cisco Innovates with Carrier Ethernet
Cisco enhances the IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) Carrier Ethernet Design, powering the Connected Life in the zettabyte era.
» Learn More
Dynamic Personalized IP Services at the Network Edge
Deploy high-performance IP/MPLS features as well as scalable personalized IP services at the network edge, improve operational efficiency, and maximize return on network investments with the Cisco 7600 Series Router.
The Cisco 7600 Series is the industry's first carrier-class edge router to offer integrated, high-density Ethernet switching, carrier-class IP/MPLS routing, and 10-Gbps interfaces, benefiting enterprises and helping enable service providers to deliver both consumer and business services over a single converged Carrier Ethernet network.
- High performance, with up to 720 Gbps in a single chassis, or 40 Gbps capacity per slot
- A choice of form factors purpose-built for high availability
- Cisco I-Flex design: A portfolio of shared port adapters (SPAs) and SPA interface processors (SIPs) that controls voice, video, and data experiences
- Scalable and extensible suite of hardware and software capabilities to enable intelligent Carrier Ethernet services
- Integrated Video Call Admission Control with innovative visual quality of experience for both broadcast and video on demand (VoD)
- Intelligent Services Gateway, providing scalable subscriber and application awareness with multidimensional identity capabilities and policy controls
- Integrated Session Border Control with quality of experience in both Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and non-SIP applications
- Carrier Ethernet: Aggregation of consumer and business service
- Ethernet services edge: Personalized IP services
- Wireless mesh networking and mobility service convergence
- IP/MPLS provider edge routing
- Enterprise WAN aggregation
- Headquarters core routing
To learn more about the Cisco 7600 Series Router, visit the Relevant Interfaces and Modules page.
Current Analysis -- Cisco 7600 a Perfect 5 Star Rating (PDF - 537 KB)
Large U.S. Provider Maintains Ethernet Leadership (PDF - 582.46 KB)
Swiss Service Provider Gains Ethernet Market Leadership
Product Review: User Provides Feedback
Featured White Papers
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Data Sheets and Literature
End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices