Secure and Easy to Deploy Wireless-N Networking with Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
• Provides selectable-band high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for maximum performance
• Supports high-speed connections with Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface for demanding applications
• Single Point Setup simplifies the deployment of multiple wireless access points
• Bridges wired LANs together wirelessly to reduce cabling and installation costs
• Easy to set up and manage by using the configuration wizard
• Safeguards business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, secure authentication, and rogue access point detection
As business applications become more powerful and sophisticated, organizations are looking for new ways to extend the performance and reach of their office networks. Delivering secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees, partners, and guests anywhere in the office is key. The Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup makes it easy to deliver advanced 802.11n wireless networking with business-class features - at an affordable price. This flexible solution is perfect for connecting up to 20 employees on a single WAP321. With Single Point Setup, the wireless LAN can scale up to a total of eight WAP321 devices to provide broader coverage and to support additional users as business needs change.
Built specifically for small businesses, the Cisco WAP321 offers selectable-band 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office. Advanced quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize traffic to support bandwidth-sensitive applications. This sophisticated control enables you to take advantage of voice over WLAN (VoWLAN) to place or receive calls over the wireless LAN infrastructure.
Designed for growing organizations, the Cisco WAP321 offers the ability to smoothly scale your network by bridging wired LANs together wirelessly, to reduce cabling and installation costs. It supports multiple Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs) to enable you to segregate traffic for different departments, users, and communication devices.
For companies that need to provide secure wireless guest access, the Cisco WAP321 offers captive portal support that lets you create a wireless hotspot with visitor authentication.
The Cisco WAP321 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment. Power over Ethernet (PoE) support makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information data, the Cisco WAP321 supports WiFi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out.
Single Point Setup is a controllerless multi-access point deployment technology that allows you to deploy and manage multiple access points in a simple and cost-effective way across your premises.
Single Point Setup provides a unique centralized method to administer and control wireless services across multiple devices. Via one access point on the LAN, you have a single view of the whole WLAN to replicate configuration, security, and management across all access points.
With the Cisco WAP321, you can build on your existing network to deliver high-performance wireless access with the scalability you need as your business grows and evolves.
Figure 1 shows a typical configuration using this wireless access point. Figures 2 and 3 show the front and back, respectively, of the Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup.
Figure 1. Typical Configuration
Figure 2. Front Panel of the Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup
Figure 3. Back Panel of the Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup
• Highly secure, high-speed 802.11n wireless networking delivers enhanced throughput and extended range for bandwidth-intensive applications.
• Wizard-based setup and configuration enables fast, simple deployment.
• Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment and management technology makes configuration simple.
• Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface provides high-speed connectivity for faster downloads and demanding applications.
• Selectable-band wireless access lets you switch bands to minimize interference from other office devices and improve performance.
• Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
• Support for PoE enables easy installation without the expense of additional wiring.
• Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
• Elegant, compact design with internal antennas and versatile mounting kit enables installation on a ceiling, wall, or desktop.
• Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance.
• Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
Data rate =300 Mbps; actual client throughput will vary.
Recommended user support
Up to 32 connective users, 20 active users
Web user interface
Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
Multi-Access Point Management
Single Point Setup
Maximum access points per cluster
Active clients per cluster
Web browser, SNMP v3, Bonjour
Local, remote syslog, email alerts
Logging and packet capture
Web firmware upgrade
Firmware upgradable through web browser, imported/exported configuration file
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Yes, and captive portal
Selectable-band 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (not concurrent)
Radio and modulation type
Single radio, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM)
1 to 13 (depending on country)
Wireless isolation between clients
Internal fixed PIFA antenna
Antenna gain in dBi
2 dBi each antenna
Transmitted output power
• 802.11b @ 11 Mbps: 17 dBm
• 802.11g @ 54 Mbps: 13 dBm
• 802.11n @ HT20HT40, MCS15: 13 dBm
• 802.11b: 11 Mbps @ -86 dBm
• 802.11g: 54 Mbps @ -71 dBm
• 802.11n: 300 Mbps @ -64 dBm
Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
Active WLAN clients
Same as number of users: 32 max connected users, 20 active users recommended
Wireless VLAN map
Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)
Yes, with automatic power save, and Voice profile
Access Point mode, WDS bridging, Workgroup Bridge mode
12V 1A DC input, and IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE
FCC class B, CE, IC, Wi-Fi
0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
-20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
Mean time between failures (MTBF)
• Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup
• Ceiling/wall mounting kit
• User guide on CD-ROM
• Quick-start guide
• Ethernet network cable
• 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapter with TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
• Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
Table 2 gives ordering information for the Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup
Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup (U.S./Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Argentina, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapore)
Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup (Europe, Japan, Korea, Russia)
Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with Single Point Setup (China, Malaysia, Taiwan)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (Australia, New Zealand)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (United Kingdom)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (North America)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (Japan)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (China, Hong Kong)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (Europe)
Cisco Small Business Power over Ethernet Injector (India)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Australia, New Zealand)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (United Kingdom)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (North America)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Japan)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (China, Hong Kong)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Europe)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Korea)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Argentina)
Cisco Small Business 12V Power Adapter (Brazil)
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty for complete peace of mind. Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at
Cisco Small Business Support Service
This optional service offers affordable, 3-year peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based, device-level service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement, should it be required.