Eliminate compromise on voice quality or features for phone and fax capabilities associated with Internet voice over IP (VoIP) service. Cisco
® VoIP solutions provide the quality, peace of mind, and investment protection at an affordable price.
The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection. Easy to install and use, it works over an IP network to connect analog phones and fax machines to a VoIP service provider and provides support for additional LAN connections.
The Cisco SPA112 includes two standard telephone ports to connect existing analog phones or fax machines to a VoIP service provider. Each phone line can be configured independently. With the Cisco SPA112, users can protect and extend their investment in their existing analog telephones, conference speakerphones, and fax machines as well as control their migration to IP voice with an extremely affordable, reliable solution.
Compact in design and compatible with international voice and data standards, the Cisco SPA112 can be used with residential, home-office, and small business VoIP service offerings, including full-featured hosted or open source IP PBX environments. This easy-to-use solution delivers advanced features to better connect employees and serve customers, all on a highly secure Cisco network.
The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter (Figures 1 and 2):
• Enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection
• Provides high-quality, clear-sounding voice, using advanced voice quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities and the industry-leading voice Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack
• Supports reliable faxing with simultaneous voice and data use
• Includes two standard telephone ports, each with an independent phone number, for use with fax machines or analog phone devices
• Is compatible with all industry voice and data standards and common telephone features such as caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail
• Includes a simple-to-use web-based configuration utility for easy deployment
Figure 1. Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter
Figure 2. Ports on Cisco SPA112 ATA 2 Port Adapter
Features and Benefits
The Cisco SPA112 provides an easy-to-use VoIP solution that offers:
• Toll-quality voice and carrier-class feature support: The Cisco SPA112 delivers clear, high-quality voice communication under a variety of network conditions. Excellent voice quality in challenging, changeable IP network environments is made possible through the advanced implementation of standard voice coding algorithms. The Cisco SPA112 is interoperable with common telephony equipment such as fax, voicemail, private branch exchanges (PBXs) and key telephone systems (KTSs), and interactive voice response systems.
• Large-scale deployment and management: The Cisco SPA112 enables service providers to provide customized services to their subscribers. It can be remotely provisioned and supports dynamic, in-service software upgrades. A highly secure profile upload saves providers the time and expense of managing and preconfiguring or reconfiguring customer premises equipment (CPE) for deployment.
• Outstanding security: The Cisco SPA112 supports highly secure, encryption-based methods for communication, provisioning, and servicing.
• Compact size: Designed for small spaces, the Cisco SPA112 can be installed as a desktop unit or mounted on a wall.
• Comprehensive feature set: The standards-based Cisco SPA112 is compatible with Internet VoIP provider features such as caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding, distinctive ring, and much more to provide a complete, affordable, and highly reliable solution for high-quality VoIP.
• Easy installation and changes: The web-based configuration utility enables quick deployment and easy changes.
• Investment protection: Businesses that are growing rapidly can use the solution with other Cisco Unified Communications solutions, providing industry-leading investment protection.
• Peace of mind: Cisco solutions deliver the solid reliability you expect from Cisco. All solution components have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy setup, interoperability, and performance.
Table 1 lists the specifications for the Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter.
Table 1. Product Specifications
*Note: Many specifications are programmable within a defined range or list of options. Please see the Cisco SPA100 Series Administration Guide for details. The configuration profile is uploaded to the Cisco SPA112 at the time of provisioning.
MAC address (IEEE 802.3)
IPv4 (RFC 791) upgradeable to IPv6 (RFC 1883)
Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
Domain Name System (DNS) A record (RFC 1706) and SRV record (RFC 2782)
Total harmonic distortion (THD) (350 mV peak at 300 Hz): up to 3%
Idle channel noise: 72 dB (typical)
Longitudinal balance: 55 dB (typical)
Off-hook threshold (line seizure): Rdc < 1000 ohm
On-hook threshold (line release): Rdc >10000 ohm
Rdc DC supervisory range: Rdc > 450 ohm
FCC (Part 15 Class B), CE, ICES-003, A-Tick certification, Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), and UL
DC input voltage: 5V DC at 2.0A maximum
Power consumption: 5W
Switching type (100-240V) automatic
Power adapter: 100-240V and 50-60 Hz (26-34 VA) AC input, with 1.8m cord
Indicator lights and LEDs
Phone 1, phone 2, Internet, and power
Quick Start Guide
Administration Guide (available online)
Provisioning Guide (available online)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
3.98 x 3.98 x 1.10 in. (101 x 101 x 28 mm)
5.40 oz (153 g)
32 to 113ºF (0 to 45ºC)
-77 to 158ºF (-25 to 70ºC)
10 to 90% noncondensing
10 to 90% noncondensing
Cisco SPA112 2 Port Phone Adapter
5V/2A power adapter
6-ft (1.83m) Ethernet cable
Quick Start Guide
CD with documentation, including license and warranty
1-year limited hardware warranty with return-to-factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty
Cisco Small Business Support Service for the Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter
The Cisco Small Business Support Service provides "peace of mind" coverage at an affordable price and helps you get the most value from your Cisco Small Business solution. This device-level, subscription-based service includes software upgrades and updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next-business-day hardware replacement as necessary. It also provides community-based support to enable small businesses to share knowledge and collaborate using online forums and wikis to help boost business efficiency, identify and reduce risks, and serve customers better.