Cisco® is pleased to announce the first customer shipment (FCS) availability of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 (formerly known as Cisco CallManager). The software for this latest release has been available since July 6, 2007. Media kits are available to start shipping immediately.
New Product Hold Status
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 remains on New Product Hold (NPH) until the release of the 6.1 version to ensure manufacturing is prepared to meet the shipping demands.
On August 31, 2007, Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 will be released from NPH except for the following items:
• Cisco 7835 Media Convergence Server
• Cisco 7845 Media Convergence Server
• HP DL380 Software Only
• IBM X346R, X346R, X3650, and X3650D Software only
• Upgrades from the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT)
• Upgrades for any of the Cisco 7835 or 7845 class machines
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0: Some New Features
Some of the new features in the latest release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager include:
For customers with mobile users, Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 includes two enhancements: the integration of the Cisco Mobile Connect feature into Cisco Unified Communications Manager software, and the support of dual-mode devices. Cisco Mobile Connect was previously available as a software application on a Cisco media convergence server. With the Cisco Mobile Connect function integrated into Cisco Unified Communications Manager software, customers no longer need to purchase the Cisco Mobile Connect application separately, and they do not need an additional server.
Support for dual-mode devices will benefit customers who have mobile users and need to move between campus wireless and external cellular network environments. These devices can manually hand calls from a cellular Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network to an 802.11-based wireless LAN.
New Telephony Features
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 includes several new telephony features:
• Do Not Disturb: Allows users to turn off the ringer
• Intercom: Provides an administrative assistant the ability to "whisper" to a manager
• Audio Message Waiting Indicator: Increases the accessibility of message indication
• Secure Conferencing: Provides media encryption to those on an impromptu conference call
• Call Recording: Offers a more efficient method to record calls
• Silent Monitoring: Uses that more efficient method to observe call center agents
Large enterprise customers will benefit from enhancements to database resiliency for features such as Extension Mobility, Call Forwarding, and Message Waiting Indication. The resiliency enhancements help ensure that users have access to important features during an outage.
New 24-Button Phone
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G is supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0. Initially introduced with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager Express) in October 2006, this new phone provides functions that are commonly needed in the commercial and retail environments.
For existing Cisco Unified Communications Manager customers, an upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 is available from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Software Download page. Upgrade and installation CDs are also orderable.