® WRV210 Wireless-G VPN Router (Figure 1) is a VPN router with an integrated wireless access point for small offices and home offices. The 10/100 Ethernet WAN interface connects directly to your broadband DSL or cable modem. The LAN interface consists of a built-in 4-port, full-duplex 10/100 Ethernet switch that can connect up to four devices. The wireless access point supports 802.11b/g and incorporates RangeBooster technology, which utilizes multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) antennas to provide increased coverage and reliability.
The Cisco WRV210 has the advanced security functions needed for business networking, including a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall with denial-of-service (DoS) prevention, as well as a VPN engine for highly secure communication between mobile or remote workers and branch offices. It offers support for multiple service set identifiers (SSIDs) and VLANs for traffic separation. The WRV210 implements Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key (WPA2-PSK), WPA2 Enterprise, and Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption, along with other security features, including MAC-based filtering and the ability to enable and disable SSID broadcasts.
Wireless networking in business environments requires flexibility. The Cisco WRV210 can expand or reduce the area of your wireless network via a wireless distribution system (WDS), which allows you to expand your network by connecting select Cisco standalone access points, without the need for additional wiring. This capability, along with the ability to increase or decrease the RF output power, allows for optimal wireless coverage.
The WRV210's support for wireless QoS (Wi-Fi Multimedia [WMM]) and wired QoS (port prioritization) helps maintain consistent voice and video quality throughout your network.
• 802.11g supports data rates up to 54 Mbps
• Dual fixed antennas with MIMO provide up to three times better coverage than standard 802.11g
• Supports multiple SSID mapping to specific VLANs to create separate, secured networks
• Supports 10 IP Security (IPsec) VPN tunnels with QuickVPN support
• Dual Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) profiles allow easy switching between PPPoE accounts
• Supports Telstra BigPond Heartbeat
• Supports multiple languages on web administrator interface and setup wizard
• Wireless SSIDs can be enabled/disabled based on a predefined schedule
• Supports Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) based firmware upgrade in addition to web-based firmware upgrade
• Limited lifetime warranty
Table 1 contains the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco WRV210 Wireless-G VPN Router.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco WRV210 Wireless-G VPN Router: RangeBooster
• Static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) versions 1 and 2
W x H x D
6.69 x 1.65 x 7.62 in.
(170 x 42 x 193.5 mm)
0.78 lb (0.355 kg)
12V 1A DC input
FCC Class B, CE, IC
32º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
-4º to 158ºF (-20º to 70ºC)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
• Cisco WRV210 Wireless-G VPN Router
• CD-ROM with user guide and setup wizard
• Network cable
• Power adapter
• Quick install guide
• 802.11b or 802.11g wireless adapter with TCP/IP installed on each PC
• Network adapter with Ethernet network cable
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, or Firefox)
Limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement.
The maximum performance for wireless is derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range, and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions, and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference, and other adverse conditions.
Check the product package and contents for specific features supported. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and/or power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes, as available, for the warranty term. To download software updates, go to: