Bring customers, colleagues, and business partners from around the world to work together face-to-face in just about any room or space. The Cisco TelePresence
® MX300 G2 (MX300 G2) makes it easy to put high-definition video collaboration within reach for everyone at your organization. It delivers ready-to-use simplicity and high quality - at value pricing. Part of the second generation of MX Series multipurpose endpoints, the MX300 G2 brings collaborative teams together at a moment's notice. So, you can save money on travel, make decisions faster, and be more productive and innovative.
The MX300 G2 features a sleek, new design that blends aesthetics, functionality and ease of use (Figure 1). New features such as dual display and an embedded four-way MultiSite conferencing option deliver more power and flexibility. A new Cisco TelePresence Touch 10 user interface offers a larger screen size and the most user-friendly experience to date. Rich 1080p60 high-definition (HD) performance lets people interact as naturally as if they were in the same room. It's a great way to enable your extended teams to work together whenever and wherever they want.
Cisco MX300 G2 systems are as easy to install as a television, and can be set up in about 8 minutes. They're priced for large-scale deployment, so you can quickly and easily transform any meeting space into a telepresence-enabled team room. Whether you are just getting started with video communications or are planning to video-enable your entire organization, the MX300 G2 can meet your needs.
Figure 1. Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2 on Floor Stand
The Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2 reinvents the team meeting room experience. It offers the high-quality, easy-to-use telepresence experience that you have come to expect from Cisco, together with global service and price-performance that make broad deployment easier and more affordable than ever.
The Cisco TelePresence portfolio creates an in-person experience over the network - bridging time and space to enable team collaboration like never before. Through a powerful combination of technologies and design innovations, the Cisco TelePresence experience lets you and remote participants feel like you are all in the same room. And it gives you an opportunity to transform your business with productivity gains and process improvements. Many organizations are already using Cisco TelePresence systems to control costs, improve customer intimacy, scale scarce resources, and speed products to market.
Features and Benefits
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of the Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2
• Installs in minutes: The MX300 G2 is as easy to install as a TV, with a one-piece unit plus install configuration (floor stand, wheel base, and VESA wall mount).
• Set-up is simple: The MX300 G2 self-configures with Cisco
® Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS), or Cisco WebEx Telepresence provisioning. Just authenticate your endpoint to the network to complete the setup.
• Offers flexible camera features: Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD Camera with pan, tilt, and zoom helps ensure optimal framing and video clarity. Its dedicated presets provide flexibility and easy viewing for any type of meeting.
• Provides touch control: A 10-inch Cisco TelePresence Touch interface offers simple, intuitive control. Easy "one-button-to-push" (OBTP) calling integrates with common calendaring programs.
• Offers crisp, clear video: High-quality 55-inch (1.4m) display delivers video resolutions of up to 1080p60 to let you bring the Cisco TelePresence experience to any team meeting room or corner office.
• Provides high-fidelity sound: Front speakers provide superior, optimized audio.
• Allows you to meet with anyone, anywhere: The standards-based MX300 G2 lets you collaborate with anyone regardless of system - from PC video, to immersive telepresence, to a meeting room around the globe.
• Offers ability to connect and share: Collaborate naturally with 1080p PC content sharing with a touch of your finger.
• Works the way you want: Search for your contacts in directories; create and store your own favorites; or manually dial out to other Cisco Unified Communications devices. You can connect through the network or through firewalls to any device (video or voice) or protocol.
• Share multimedia and presentations at the touch of a button.
• The dual-display feature allows another screen to be added for content sharing.
• High-definition content sharing up to 1080p30 resolution is possible.
• You can start a meeting with the OBTP feature.
• The system offers optimal definition up to 1080p60.
• You can make H.323/Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) calls up to 6 Mbps.
• Built-in individually transcoded multipoint conferencing lets you add three additional participants.
• Provisioning and self-configuration are easy with Cisco UCM, Cisco TelePresence VCS, or Cisco WebEx
• The MX300 G2 takes advantage of the Cisco TelePresence Total Solution approach, including Cisco TelePresence Multiway features, recording and streaming, and firewall traversal services.
• System is natively supported by Cisco UCM version 8.6 or later.
Table 2 lists the product specifications; Table 3 gives video and audio specifications; Table 4 gives network, security, and management specifications; and Table 5 gives ordering information for the Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2.
Table 2. Product Specifications
Fully compatible with standards-compliant telepresence and video systems
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2
Cisco TelePresence Software Version TC 7.0 or later
Fully integrated unit including:
• Integrated microphone and loudspeakers
Cisco TelePresence Table Microphone 20 (two microphones are shipped with the MX300 G2)
Cables including DVI-I-to-VGA cable, 3.5-mm jack audio cable, LAN cable, and power cable
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2:
• 55-in. (1.4m) LCD monitor
• Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
• Contrast ratio: Typical 4000:1
• Viewing angle: +/-178 deg
• Response time: Typical 8 ms
• Brightness: Typical 450 cd/m2
PC and second-source video input
• Two HDMI
Supported PC input resolutions
SVGA (800 x 600) to 1080p (1920 x 1080)
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2:
• 4x optical zoom (8x with digital)
• Motorized +15°/-25° tilt, +/-90° pan
• 72° horizontal field of view
• 43.5° vertical field of view
• Resolutions: 1080p60 and 720p60
• F 1.7
• Automatic or manual focus, brightness, and white balance
• Far-end camera control
• Focus distance 0.98 ft (0.3m) to infinity
• Integrated full-range and bass speakers
• Integrated full-range microphone
• Support for two Cisco TelePresence Table Microphone 20
• Mini jack PC audio input
• Mini jack audio output
Cisco TelePresence Touch 10 interface
• 10 inch projected capacitive touch screen
• Resolution: 1280 x 800
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish. Depends on software version
Physical dimensions (H x W x D)
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2 main unit with:
• Floor stand: 59.8 x 50.3 x 26.4 in. (1518 x 1278 x 671 mm)
• Wall-mount: 37.3 x 50.3 x 7.9 in. (948 x 1278 x 200 mm)
• Wheel base: 63.2 x 50.3 x 29.7 in. (1605 x 1278 x 755 mm)
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2 main unit with (all weight without packaging):
• Floor stand: 108.7 lb (49.3 kg)
• Wall-mount: 84.9 lb (38.5 kg)
• Wheel base: 96.1 lb (43.6 kg)
• Main unit only: 77.2 lb (35 kg)
Physical dimensions and weight of packaging (H x W x D)
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2:
• Main unit: 43 x 56 x 10 in., 95.5 lb (1080 x 1430 x 260 mm, 43.3 kg)
• Floor stand: 31 x 43 x 10 in., 42.8 lb (800 x 1080 x 260 mm, 19.4 kg)
• Floor stand, back cover: 56 x 9 x 5 in., 4 lb (1430 x 220 x 120 mm, 2 kg)
• Wall mount: 11 x 12 x 33 in., 9 lb (290 x 310 x 840 mm, 4 kg)
• Wheel base: 36 x 11 x 33 in., 22 lb (920 x 270 x 830 mm, 10 kg)
Autosensing power supply
100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Rated: 300W maximum
Power consumption: 235 W at maximum standardized configuration
Operating temperature and humidity:
• Ambient temperature: 32 to 95°F (0 to 35°C)
• Relative humidity (RH): 10 to 90%
• Storage and transport temperature at RH 10-90% (noncondensing): -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
Approvals and compliance
• Directive 2006/95/EC (Low-Voltage Directive) - Standard EN 60950-1
• Directive 2004/108/EC (EMC Directive) - Standard EN 55022, Class A - Standard EN 55024 - Standard EN 61000-3-2/-3-3
• Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
• Approved according to UL 60950-1 and CNA/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-07
• Compliance with FCC15B Class A
Table 3. Video and Audio Specifications
H.323 and SIP up to 6 Mbps point-to-point
Minimum bandwidth for resolution and frame rate
• 720p30 from 768 kbps
• 720p60 from 1152 kbps
• 1080p30 from 1472 kbps
• 1080p60 from 2560 kbps
• Widescreen: 16:9
• Advanced screen layouts
• Intelligent video management
• Local auto-layout
Video inputs (three inputs)
Two HDMI and one DVI-I (analog and digital) inputs.
Support formats up to maximum 1920 x 1080@60fps (HD1080p60), including:
• 640 x 480
• 720 x 480
• 720 x 576
• 800 x 600
• 848 x 480
• 1024 x 768
• 1152 x 864
• 1280 x 720
• 1280 x 1024
• 1280 x 768
• 1280 x 800
• 1280 x 960
• 1360 x 768
• 1366 x 768
• 1400 x 1050
• 1440 x 900
• 1680 x 1050
• 1920 x 1080
Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)
Video outputs (one output)
One HDMI output.
Supports formats up to maximum 1920 x 1080@60fps (HD1080p60), including:
• 1920 x 1080 @ 60 fps (1080p60)
• 1920 x 1080 @ 50 fps (1080p50)
• 1280 x 720 @ 60 fps (720p60)
• 1280 x 720 @ 50 fps (720p50)
• 1366 x 768 @ 60 fps (WXGA)
• 1360 x 768 @ 60 fps (WXGA)
• 1280 x 768 @ 60 fps (WXGA)
VESA Monitor Power Management
Live video resolutions (encode/decode)
Supports encode/decode video formats up to maximum 1920 x 1080@60fps (HD1080p60), including:
• 176 x 144 @ 30 fps (QCIF) (decode only)
• 352 x 288 @ 30 fps (CIF)
• 512 x 288 @ 30 fps (w288p)
• 576 x 448 @ 30 fps (448p)
• 768 x 448 @ 30 fps (w448p)
• 704 x 576 @ 30 fps (4CIF)
• 1024 x 576 @ 30 fps (w576p)
• 640 x 480 @ 30 fps (VGA)
• 800 x 600 @ 30 fps (SVGA)
• 1024 x 768 @ 30 fps (XGA)
• 1280 x 1024 @ 30 fps (SXGA)
• 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps (720p30)
• 1280 x 768 @ 30 fps (WXGA)
• 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps (1080p30)
• 1440 x 900 @ 30 fps (WXGA+)
• 1680 x 1050 @ 30 fps (WSXGA+)
• 512 x 288 @ 60 fps (w288p60)
• 768 x 448 @ 60 fps (w448p60)
• 1024 x 576 @ 60 fps (w576p60)
• 1280 x 720 @ 60 fps (720p60)
* Requires premium resolution option
• 64- and 128-kbps AAC-LD
• G.729 AB
• High quality 20 kHz audio
• Three acoustic echo cancellers
• Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
• Automatic noise reduction
• Active lip synchronization
• H.239 (H.323) dual stream
• Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) (SIP) dual stream
• Standards-based: H.235v3 and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
• Automatic key generation and exchange
• Support in dual stream
• Management through Secure HTTP (HTTPS) and Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol
• IP administration password
• Password protected Administration menu
• Disable IP services
• Network settings protection
• Support for the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
• Total management through embedded Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Telnet, SSH, XML, and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
• Remote software upload: Through web server, HTTP, and HTTPS
• Support for local directories (Favorites)
• Corporate directory
• Unlimited entries using server directory supporting Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and H.350
• Unlimited number for corporate directory (available with Cisco TelePresence Management Suite)
• Local directory: 200 numbers
• Received calls
• Placed calls
• Missed calls with date and time
To place an order, please contact your local Cisco representative and refer to Table 5.
Table 5. Ordering Information
Compliance Model Number
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2
MX300 G2 Premium Resolution Option
MX300 G2 MultiSite Option
Cisco Service and Support
Cisco and our partners provide a broad portfolio of smart, personalized services and support that can help you realize the full business value of your Cisco TelePresence investment by increasing business agility and network availability. This portfolio of services accelerates business innovation by harnessing the network as a powerful business platform. For more information about these services, please visit: