Software Licensing for the Branch
Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) are built for the next wave of branch office evolution, evolves licensing from "right to use" to "software activation licensing," helping you realize operational savings through reduced service calls, ease of software ordering, simplified software management, and greater flexibility in deploying new features.
Each ISR ships with a universal Cisco IOS Software image and requires Software Activation Licensing keys to activate IOS functionality. New devices are shipped with Software Activation License preinstalled for the features ordered with the router.
Simplify Router Deployment and Management
- A single IOS universal image will ship with all ISR platforms
- Technology package licenses enable full IOS functionality, simplifying ordering
- Try before you buy: Temporary licenses let you evaluate new IOS functionality before purchase
- Pay for features as you need them: Use a software key to enable new features incrementally in the field without a truck roll
- Cisco Software Activation
Get information on Cisco IOS software activation, including documentation, an overview, white paper, user’s guides, workflows, Flash demo, Q and A, and downloads.
- Cisco Licensing Manager
A secure client/server application for easy license management.
- Administrative Operations for Software Activation
Provides licensing administrative operations such as registering a PAK, RMAs, and rehosting a licensing.
Revolutionary architecture delivers gigabit performance with services without compromise.
- Up to 2Gbps with new multicore CPU architecture
- Pay as you grow and add services and capacity on a single platform without disruptions
- Optional integrated compute and storage with Cisco UCS E-Series Servers
Scalable Rich-Media Services Platform, part of the ISR G2 family
- Up to 150-Mbps WAN access with services
- Upgradable Services Performance Engine (SPE) for future expansion
- Configurable dual integrated redundant power supplies
Secure Collaboration Platform, part of the ISR G2 family
- Up to 75-Mbps WAN access with services
- Video-ready DSP support
- Increased service density with Second Services module slot
Secure Mobility Platform, part of the ISR G2 family
- 25-Mbps WAN access with services
- Factory-selectable integrated wireless 802.11n option
- Desktop form factor with double-wide HWIC support