The MME supports Downlink Data Notification (DDN) Throttling. With this feature, the MME is provisioned to reject non-priority (traffic based on ARP and LAPI) DDN Requests when the UE is in idle mode. Additionally, the MME dynamically requests the S-GW to reduce the number of DDN Requests based on a throttling factor and a throttling delay specified in the DDN Ack message.
MME supports the following functions for DDN Throttling:
- Rejection of DDN requests when configured congestion threshold is reached.
- Allows the configuration of cause value to be sent in DDN Ack message when DDN is rejected during congestion.
- Allows DDN rejection based on ARP.
- Allows DDN rejection based on LAPI.
- Allows configuration of DDN throttling factor and throttling delay values to be sent in DDN Ack message to SGW during congestion.
A valid license key is required to enable DDN Throttling. Contact your Cisco Account or Support representative for information on how to obtain a license.