Set Up and Configure a Cisco Show and Share Appliance
Revised: March 2015
See the Quick Start Hardware Installation Guide for Cisco Show and Share and Digital Media Manager on Cisco.com for installation and set up instructions. Also:
- Ensure that a DNS entry has been created and published for the Cisco Show and Share appliance.
- Ensure that you have obtained the license keys to unlock the software features on your Cisco Show and Share appliance. For information about obtaining license keys, see the “Licenses” chapter of the User Guide for Cisco Digital Media Manager on Cisco.com.
- Verify that at least one computer on your network is configured for access to other networked devices through TCP ports 80 and 8080.
- Enable popup windows in your browser if they are disabled.
- Determine if your network uses dynamic (DHCP) or static IP addresses. If your network uses static IP addresses, obtain the following information:
– Learn what IP address to assign to the DMM appliance.
– Learn what subnet mask (netmask) to use.
– Learn what IP addresses are assigned to the default network gateway, the primary DNS server, and the secondary DNS server.