Performing Actions Using the Plug-in
Cisco UCS Manager plug-in enables you to perform various actions on the servers, UCS domains, service profiles and service profile templates. The actions that you can perform are available, based on the association state of the servers and your user privileges. Before executing any action, an impact analysis is performed. Based on the result of the analysis, you are prompted to cancel or continue with the action.
You can perform the following actions on various components that can be managed using the plug-in:
ESXi and non ESXi servers:
- Create service profiles for servers — allow you to create hardware or template based server profiles.
- Manage BIOS policy — allow you to modify BIOS policy for a server.
- Associate service profile — allow you to associate service profile for a server.
- Manage firmware host pack — allow you to change host firmware pack for a server.
- Disassociate service profile — allow you to disassociate service profile from a server.
Launch KVM — allow you to launch the KVM console for the server.
Launch UCSM — allow you to launch the Cisco UCS Manager user interface for all registered UCS domains.
- UCS domains: Reload UCS Domain — allows you to reload the physical inventory of a UCS domain.
- Service profile templates:
- Manage host firmware pack — allow you to change host firmware pack for a service profile template.
- Manage Server Pools — allow you to change server pools.
Create Service Profiles from Template — allow you to create service profiles using templates.
- Service profiles: Manage firmware host pack — allows you to change firmware host pack for a service profile.
Upload Firmware —allow you to upload firmware bundle for a server.
Modify Package Versions— allow you to upgrade or downgrade the firmware package version.
Delete Upload Task— allow you to delete firmware upload task.
Delete Firmware Package—allow you to delete firmware package bundle.
The following sections describe how to perform the available actions.