The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Release Notes for the Cisco CMX Engage Release 3.2.3
Introduction to the CMX Engage
Support for Styling Menu Groups
Language Support for Country Selector
Repeat User Categorization Based on Portal Authentication
This document describes the enhancements, resolved issues, and open issues for the Cisco CMX Engage Release 3.2.3. Use this document in conjunction with the documents listed in the “Support” section.
The CMX Engage is a location intelligence, digital customer acquisition and multi-channel engagement platform that enables companies to connect, know, and engage with visitors at their physical business locations.
The major features of the CMX Engage 3.2.3 release are as follows:
The Create New Portal window is modified to include additional details such as authentication details, Terms and Conditions, and the Data Capture form when creating a portal.
– Portal Information - To provide information such as name of the portal and the locations for which the portal must be available.
– Authentication -To configure the authentication type and the required information for the selected authentication type.
– Terms & Conditions - To specify the Terms and Conditions for the portal.
– Data Capture - To configure the Data Capture form for the portal. This section will be enabled only for the “SMS with password verification” and “Email” authentication types.
– In addition to the Portal modules in the left and preview section in the right, additional options will be there at the top of the page to define the locations, authentication type, Terms and Conditions, and Data Capture form for the portal.
– The Data Capture form option appears only if you select the authentication type as “SMS with password verification” or “Email”.
– The Authentication module is replaced with an authentication type-specific module. For example, if you are selecting “SMS with link verification” as authentication type, a module “SMS Authentication” appears in the Portal module list. This module will be having an option to configure the alternate landing page. The “No Authentication” option will not have a corresponding authentication module.
The access point synchronization process now happens in a periodic manner and you don’t need to log in to the CMX Engage dashboard for triggering the sync.
The CMX Engage now supports applying styles for menu groups in the portals. You can apply styles for the portal menu groups using the CSS Editor. You can use”.menugroup” selector in css to apply the style to menu groups.This is applicable only for the portals created using CMX Engage version 3.2.3 or later.
For the Select Country drop-down list, the language support is added for the texts “Search Country” and “eg” so that these texts appear in the language selected for the portal. The enhancement is applicable for the Select Country drop-down list in the following screens:
The CMX Engage is enhanced to consider a customer as a new user or a repeat user based on portal authentication. The proximity rules will be executed based on this customer tracking. A customer is considered as a repeat user after completing the portal authentication.
The stage at which the portal authentication is considered as completed for various authentication types is as follows:
In the Portals, the, menu items flicker after every 3 seconds, in the preview sections in the Dashboard and CSS Editor.
In the Portal, the image uploaded in the Promotions and Offers module is not reflecting immediately in the Dashboard preview.
In the portal, the social apps disabled for social authentication are appearing in the Dashboard preview and QR code preview.
In the portal, for Terms and Conditions, if you copy-paste the text in any language other than English, the rich text editor is not supporting the content. The rich text editor is not supporting the images also.
For Location manager, when you click the locations, the Portals and Report section for that location are not loaded consistently
In the Portals, for the authentication module, the Undo function for the Landing page URL field is not working as expected.
In the IE 11.0 browser, if you are entering an invalid date in the Proximity Rule, a message “Rule is failed to save due to invalid date” appears when saving. Simultaneously, in the Filter by Metadata field, the metadata selected are duplicated.
You can access the support documentation using the Help button in the CMX Engage Dashboard.