To ease troubleshooting of the WAE Live application, Collector server, WAE Network Interface (NI) server, and WAE Core server, use the
mate_tech_support CLI tool. This tool creates a tar file of support information and puts it into the
/tmp/MATE_TS directory by default. If needed, you can then send this.tgz file to your support representative. To change the directory in which the results are stored, use the
Example: This creates a tar file of support information and puts the output into the
mate_tech_support -tar-path /troubleshooting
Following are a few more areas to look for available troubleshooting information.
- To monitor diagnostics, view logs, and monitor processes for either a single-system deployment or a distributed deployment, use the WAE Statistics UI. For more information, see the Services and Statistics chapter.
- To monitor only the local server, use the Local Server Status tool on the home page and available through the System UI.
- From the WAE Collector UI, there are numerous tools available for troubleshooting the collection process, including a Node List table that identifies the status of every node in the collection, Status and Log pages for viewing errors and warnings for the local Collector server, and a Download Diagnostics tool for creating a file containing the state of the local Collector server during the last collection.
- From the WAE Live UI you can view the status of the most recently collected data that WAE Live received.
- To allocate or clean disk space, you may want to remove temporary files (see Viewing Temporary Files).