Access: System > SMTP Server
This page enables you to configure the SMTP server used for emailing WAE Live reports. If the SMTP server is not configured, the email feature for scheduled WAE Live reports will not work.
Note These configurations apply only to the local server.
Using the SMTP server is not mandatory. If you do not wish to use it, set the Encryption field to None, and then no other fields are required. The following sections identify required and optional fields based on the assumption are you are configuring the SMTP server to use it.
- Server—SMTP server IP address or FQDN, which is the server’s hostname with the DNS domain name appended to the end.
FQDN format: <SMTP_hostname>. <domain>.com
- Username—Username of the SMTP server.
- Password—Authentication password for the SMTP server.
- From Address—The address from which the emailed report is sent. For example, this could be a support address so that recipients could respond for assistance.
- Encryption—The type of encryption to use when mailing WAE Live reports. For more information on WAE Live, see the Cisco WAE Live Administration Guide and the Cisco WAE Live User Guide.
– SSL—Encrypt the communication between the SMTP server and the device to which the emailed report is going.
– STARTTLS—Convert an insecure connection to use either TLS or SSL.
– None—Do not use encryption. This is not recommended since the SMTP server is emailing reports containing your network data.
- Port—Port that the SMTP server uses when sending emails.
- Advanced Config—This is for advanced configuration editing only. Consult your support representative for assistance.