Using the Bug Tool Kit
This section explains how to use the Bug Toolkit to search for a specific bug or to search for all bugs in a release.
Step 1 Go to http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit.
Step 2 At the Log In screen, enter your registered Cisco.com username and password; then, click Log In. The Bug Toolkit page opens.
Note If you do not have a Cisco.com username and password, you can register for them at http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do.
Step 3 To search for a specific bug, click the Search Bugs tab, enter the bug ID in the Search for Bug ID field, and click Go.
Step 4 To search for bugs in the current release, click the Search Bugs tab and specify the following criteria:
- Select Product Category—Network Management and Automation.
- Select Products—[Product Name].
- Software Version—[Product Version].
- Search for Keyword(s)—Separate search phrases with boolean expressions (AND, NOT, OR) to search within the bug title and details.
- Advanced Options—You can either perform a search using the default search criteria or define custom criteria for an advanced search. To customize the advanced search, click Use custom settings for severity, status, and others and specify the following information:
– Severity—Choose the severity level.
– Status—Choose Terminated, Open, or Fixed.
Choose Terminated to view terminated bugs. To filter terminated bugs, uncheck the Terminated check box and select the appropriate suboption (Closed, Junked, or Unreproducible) that appears below the Terminated check box. Select multiple options as required.
Choose Open to view all open bugs. To filter the open bugs, uncheck the Open check box and select the appropriate suboptions that appear below the Open check box. For example, if you want to view only new bugs in NGA 9.5, choose only New.
Choose Fixed to view fixed bugs. To filter fixed bugs, uncheck the Fixed check box and select the appropriate suboption (Resolved or Verified) that appears below the Fixed check box.
– Advanced—Check the Show only bugs containing bug details check box to view only those bugs that contain detailed information, such as symptoms and workarounds.
– Modified Date—Choose this option to filter bugs based on the date when the bugs were last modified.
– Results Displayed Per Page—Specify the number of bugs to display per page.
Step 5 Click Search. The Bug Toolkit displays the list of bugs based on the specified search criteria.
Step 6 To export the results to a spreadsheet:
a. In the Search Bugs tab, click Export All to Spreadsheet.
b. Specify the filename and location at which to save the spreadsheet.
c. Click Save. All bugs retrieved by the search are exported.
If you cannot export the spreadsheet, log into the Technical Support website at http://www.cisco.com or contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).