PDF(15.9 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(53.5 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(81.1 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:August 17, 2017
LAN Port Management on RV215W
The Port Management page allows the user to configure ports on the RV215W to have different speed and flow control settings. A user might want to adjust the speed of the ports so that devices that need quick data traffic can connect to one port while devices that need less speed can connect to a different port. Bandwidth can be properly distributed over the ports. Flow control settings help to control the flow data which further helps bandwidth management.
This article explains how to configure LAN port management on the RV215W.
Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility and choose Networking > LAN > Port Management. The Port Management page opens:
Step 2. In the Port Management Table, choose the desired mode to be edited from the Mode drop-down list. The available options are:
• Auto Negotiation — This option automatically sets a common speed between the RV215W and the connected device.
• 10Mbps Half — This option sends data at 10Mbps but only one way at a time.
• 10Mbps Full — This option sends data at 10Mbps in both directions at the same time.
• 100Mbps Half — This option sends data at 100Mbps but only one way at a time.
• 100Mbps Full — This option sends data at 100Mbps in both directions at the same time.
Step 3. (Optional) Check the Flow Control check box. It allows the device to regulate the data speed so that a fast sender does not overwhelm a slow receiver.
Note: The Flow Control option is not necessary when the data speed of the sender is lower than the capacity of the receiver to accept the data.