This document describes how to troubleshoot "Host Not Found" service applet on IP Phones, registered to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- CUCM version 10.0 and above
- IP Phones
- Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)
The information in this document is based on these software versions:
- CUCM version 10.0
- IP phones
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
If your phone presents any of these behavior, then you are affected by the issue.
- IP Phones always show a service applet on screen in Idle state
- Even if you do not press the service button, the service applet comes on the phone screen
- In case of SIP phones, the issue appears in a window called Idle Application with the error "Host Not Found" on screen and as shown in the image
- In CUCM 10.0 and onwards, the auto registration is governed by a new parameter which allows you to choose the template
- The parameter is Universal Device Template with default value Auto-registration Template
- The Auto-registration Template has an Idle URL configured by default
- The phones that auto-register, use this template and hence the phone get the Idle URL in it's config as well
- Therefore, when the phone is Idle, the service applet pops up
Step 1. Navigate to User Management > User/Phone Add > Universal Device Template.
Step 2. Select Auto-registration Template.
Step 3. Under Service Configuration Settings, ensure that the Idle URL is blank and the dropdown is set to Override as shown in the image.
Step 4. Save the configuration.
Step 5. On the phones, navigate to the homepage and keep the Idle URL blank.
Step 6. Save and Apply Config.
Step 7. Reset the phones. On activation, phones are back to normal.
Note: If multiple phones are affected, use BAT in order to update the Idle URL and save it blank.