The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Manufacturers today face a multitude of challenges. On one hand, they need to keep their production running, ensure product quality, be able to scale production up and down quicky, and comply with regulations. On the other, they need to do all that while facing a widening skills gap, pandemic-era safety concerns, cybersecurity threats, and mandated sustainability goals.
To deal with these challenges, manufacturers are embracing industrial IoT and Industry 4.0, rapidly digitizing their operations to access critical data so they can optimize their processes, monitor equipment, and watch for abnormalities. With this data, back-end analytical cloud applications can help schedule preventive maintenance to increase production uptime, document regulatory requirements, increase efficiency, enhance safety and security, and help make informed decisions regarding their operations and products.
An industrial network with scale, flexibility, performance, security, and resiliency is the key to reliable manufacturing operations where operational data can be easily leveraged for production agility and increased profitability. The Cisco® Industrial Automation solution integrates industrial-strength networking equipment with network management and security tools, and provides validated guides designed to accelerate your adoption of and benefit from industrial IoT.
The Cisco Industrial Automation solution converges IT management and security technologies with industrial networks, drawing on both IT expertise and operational intelligence.
● Increase uptime by identifying and resolving issues, often before they impact production
● Lower costs, reduce errors, and increase agility by automating time-consuming activities such as network configuration
● Improve security by increasing the visibility of assets and interactions, defining access policies for network segmentation, and integrating with enterprise security applications
● Enhance production agility and reduce time to market with an agile and scalable network
● Extract relevant operational data for analytical processing in cloud-based business applications
Cisco Industrial Automation solution provides the following capabilities to manufacturers:
● Support for the critical networking requirements of industrial automation and control systems
● Tighter integration of industrial assets with business systems for flexible and lean manufacturing and faster changeovers
● Granular asset and process visibility for anomaly detection and less unplanned downtime
● Sensor and machine connectivity to accelerate response time to incidents and orchestrate business decisions for closed-loop automation
● Intelligent and automated network management to deploy, configure, and monitor network devices faster and with fewer errors
Cisco Industrial Automation includes industrial network infrastructure, security, and management tools for a complete architecture.
● Cisco Catalyst® Industrial Ethernet (IE) 3200, 3300, 3400, 4000, 4010, and 5000 Series switches and Catalyst 9300 and 9500 Series commercial switches
● Cisco Cyber Vision
Accelerate your transition to a more secure, reliable, connected industrial environment with services that help you plan, build, and manage your platform with Cisco Customer Experience (IoT). Available services include:
● Advisory services
● Managed services
For additional information and to find out how to get started, refer to the Industrial Automation Solution Brief or the Securing Industrial Networks Solution Brief, or visit Industrial IoT Solutions for Digital Manufacturing.