Simplify Multiscreen Content Security
Content security just became a lot simpler and less expensive. Cisco Videoscape Multi CA and DRM Management treats content security as a cloud service. You can interface with multiple content security systems, for set-top boxes (STBs) and subscriber personal devices, from a single management console.
Features and Capabilities
Since the beginning of encrypted TV content, conditional access has been inseparable from the video control plane. But with today's changing services, that approach is no longer efficient. You're creating new multiscreen services that can move from an STB to a mobile device and back again, within a single session.
Cisco Videoscape Multi CA and DRM Management makes content security easier and less expensive to manage. This new approach implements application logic for security functions, such as encryption and entitlement, as cloud services. So you can apply these functions to multiple conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM) systems from a single interface.
With the open APIs, you can expose video content to encryption and entitlement control in the same way you would apply any other web service.
With this innovative Cisco approach to content security, you can:
- Extend video content to new devices more quickly and easily and at a lower cost
- Cut operational expenses by unifying security business rules for your heterogeneous environment
- Use the same system to control security for both managed STBs and unmanaged personal devices
- Scale content security in the cloud, and easily apply the right security to your content wherever and whenever you need it
With this solution:
- You can easily deliver new multiscreen experiences, such as pausing video on an STB and resuming on a tablet.
- You don't need proprietary cable card hardware, even when delivering content to older deployed hardware.
- You don't need proprietary quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) hardware that supports a specific entitlement control system.
Cisco Videoscape Multi CA and DRM Management is part of the Cisco Videoscape Control Suite, a complete control-plane framework for todayâs heterogeneous, cloud-connected environments. Cisco Videoscape Control Suite transforms the service provider control plane from a rigid, monolithic system to a more scalable and flexible data center model.
With this suite, you can provision the full range of modern video services as virtualized services that can be deployed quickly and economically, including:
- Endpoint management