|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
High Performance and Internal Storage
The Cisco UCS C420 M3 Rack Server is a high-density, enterprise-class, four-socket, two-rack-unit (2RU) rack server designed for compute, I/O, storage, and memory-intensive standalone and virtualized applications. The addition of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 product family delivers an optimal combination of performance, flexibility, and efficiency gains.
Video Data Sheet
Learn why UCS C420 M3 is ideal for virtualization, database, and HPC workloads. (3:30 min)Read Data Sheet
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco UCS C420 M3 offers up to 1.5 TB of RAM, 16 drives, and four 1-GbE LAN interfaces built into the motherboard. This provides outstanding levels of internal memory and storage expandability, along with exceptional performance.
- Suitable for nearly all memory-intensive, storage-intensive, four-socket applications
- Unique Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1225: A dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe adapter that can support up to 256 PCIe standards-compliant virtual interfaces
- Exceptional building block and entry point for the Cisco UCS
- Continual innovations from Cisco in server technology and at all levels of the Cisco UCS
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to four Intel Xeon E5-4600 processors
- Up to 1.5 TB of RAM with 48 DIMM slots
- up to 16 SAS, SATA, and SSDs for workloads demanding large internal storage
- Seven PCI Express Generation 3 slots and four 1-GbE LAN interfaces on the motherboard
- trusted platform module (TPM) for authentication and tool-less access
- Cisco Unified Computing at Work
See industry benchmark results and performance reports for the award-winning Cisco UCS.
- Develop a Cohesive System
(PDF - 3.4 MB)
Cisco UCS unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization.
- Simplify Your Network Operations
This overview explains how Cisco UCS can greatly simplify your network architecture.
* All prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) in United States dollars and are subject to change without notice. Prices exclude taxes, shipping, handling, and other applicable fees. Cisco Global Price List and contractual or standard discounts do not apply to any MSRP stated here. Service is sold separately. Any quoted prices for associated software are subject to change based on reseller terms. Orders will be fulfilled by Cisco-certified resellers, and actual reseller prices may vary. Cisco and Cisco resellers reserve the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.