Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 7-E is an intelligent, high-performance, and open extension to the Catalyst 4500 Series. New Flexible NetFlow technology and Cisco IOS XE software make it an ideal solution for customers deploying modular access and distribution borderless networks.
Supported in the E-Series chassis, the new engine lowers total cost of operation (TCO) through maximum availability, in-service software upgrades, and automated operations.
- 848 Gbps system bandwidth; nonblocking 48 Gbps per slot
- 250 Mpps Layer 2, 3, and 4 throughput
- Four 1 Gb/10 Gb uplinks
- Line rate 10/100/1000 Power over Ethernet Plus (PoEP) ports for next-generation workspace applications
- IPv6 in hardware
- Flexible NetFlow enhances application visibility, including TCP and Layer 2 information.
- Integration of Flexible NetFlow with Embedded Event Manager enables malware and anomaly protection.
- Cisco IOS XE is an open application platform that can run third-party services.
- The engine simultaneously supports classic and E-Series line cards with no performance degradation.