PDF(67.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:November 14, 2007
® Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi integrates with the Cisco Unified Wireless Network to deliver real-time spectrum intelligence for Wi-Fi networks. This industry-leading solution detects, classifies, and locates sources of RF interference in the unlicensed 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands. The Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) works in conjunction with Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi to provide visibility into non-Wi-Fi interference sources that may cause wireless performance degradation. With Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi, your business can determine the source of the interference so that you can remove, move, shield, adjust, or replace the interference source. Organizations can troubleshoot their wireless networks to determine the root causes of interference problems and optimize network performance.
Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi is the industry-leading spectrum intelligence product for wireless networks. Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi enhances performance, security, and reliability of wireless networks by offering complete visibility into the RF physical layer.
The Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi includes the following components:
• Cisco Spectrum Expert Sensor Wi-Fi
• Cisco Spectrum Expert Software
• Cisco Spectrum Expert Antenna
The Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi is a component of Cisco's Spectrum Intelligence solution and integrates with the Cisco Unified Wireless Network to deliver a comprehensive and simple solution for managing the RF layer as a business asset. The solution includes the following components:
Table 1 lists the product and service part numbers for Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi.
Table 1. Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi Product and Service Part Numbers
Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi (CardBus)
Includes CardBus adapter, omni antenna with clip, and quick start guide with software download instructions. A single Cisco Spectrum Expert Software seat can only be used with one Cisco Spectrum Expert Sensor Wi-Fi.
1Includes advanced replacements next business day, 24-hour Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) access, and software downloads.
Table 2 lists the part numbers for Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi antenna spares.
Table 2. Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi Antenna Spare Part Numbers
2.4-2.5 and 4.9-5.9 GHz Directional Antenna, Spare
Spare Directional antenna for Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi
2.4-2.5 and 4.9-5.9 GHz Omni Antenna, Spare
Spare Omni antenna for Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi
A Cisco WCS Spectrum Intelligence license is required to operate Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi with Cisco WCS. Table 3 provides the part numbers for the Cisco WCS Spectrum Intelligence license for Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi.
Top-level SKU for Cisco WCS advance feature licenses.
Cisco WCS Spectrum Intelligence License for 10 Sensors
License option compatible with Cisco WCS 4.2 or later configured with Base and/or Location license.
Cisco WCS Spectrum Intelligence License for 10 Sensors, Spare
Spare license compatible with Cisco WCS 4.2 or later configured with Base and/or Location license.
License Pack Guidelines
The license pack guidelines are as follows:
There are two ways to purchase the Cisco Spectrum Intelligence license for Cisco Spectrum Expert. Customers that wish to purchase all WCS advanced feature licenses including Cisco Spectrum Intelligence for use on a single WCS host may purchase the Cisco WCS advanced feature pack (WCS-ADV-K9) then specifying the option for Cisco Spectrum Intelligence (WCS-ADV-SI-SE-10). Customers that wish to purchase licenses that can be used across multiple WCS hosts may purchase Cisco Spectrum Intelligence license spares (WCS-ADV-SI-SE-10).
• WCS-ADV-K9: The Cisco WCS advanced feature license pack includes license keys for advanced features including Cisco Spectrum Intelligence. The license pack may only be used on a single WCS host.
• WCS-ADV-SI-SE-10: This SKU is the option for the Cisco Spectrum Intelligence advanced feature as part of the Cisco WCS advanced feature license pack (WCS-ADV-K9). The user must specify this SKU when ordering Cisco Spectrum Intelligence as part of the combined WCS advanced feature license pack.
• WCS-ADV-SI-SE-10=: Users that wish to purchase multiple licenses to be deployed across a number of WCS hosts may purchase the Cisco Spectrum Intelligence license as a spare unit (WCS-ADV-SI-SE-10=). If a user orders more than one spare, the system will generate a license pack per each spare ordered. In other words, the number of license packs equals the number of spares ordered.
Cisco customers can contact their local Cisco representatives for questions related to Cisco WCS licensing. Cisco employees or partners can contact
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi, visit: