Organizations today must keep pace with ever-changing customer demands and competitive threats. Success depends upon greater agility and delivery of extraordinary customer experience. This requires applications that deploy rapidly, perform optimally, remain highly available, and stay secure.
Meeting these demands calls for a data center environment that is flexible, automated, and that includes policy-driven management and control.
Now you can accelerate your journey to security, automation, and assurance with Cisco’s intent based networking for the data center. Cisco Data Center Networking software brings flexibility, allowing you to choose the right time to migrate to this solution with simple subscription licensing:
● Data Center Networking Essentials-Subscription: Includes both Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI™) and Cisco NX-OS (Nexus Operating System) Software licenses, offering customers flexibility to migrate to the software- defined, policy-driven management and control of Cisco ACI. Data Center Networking Essentials includes all the features needed to operate a leading-edge single data center fabric or site.
● Data Center Networking Advantage-Subscription: Includes all the features in the Data Center Networking Essentials license plus the advanced capabilities necessary to manage multiple data center fabrics or sites.
● Data Center Networking Premier-Subscription: Includes all the features in the Data Center Networking Advantage license plus Day 2 Operations Suite which mathematically verifies the entire network for correctness and provides detailed insights.
Benefits of subscription software:
● Ongoing access to newest features
● Ability to renew and scale when you want
● License portability for flexibility
● Up-to-date security protection
● Software refresh independent of hardware
● Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) included
● Linear, predictable budget spend
The Data Center Networking subscription license includes all key capabilities customers need to manage and operate a leading-edge single data center fabric or site, including:
● Routed fabric capability: LAN Enterprise (Layer 3 routing) features license (Cisco NX-OS Software), Data Center Networking subscriptions including multi-pod capability
● Monitoring: Streaming telemetry license to export telemetry data from the data center fabric to a collector (such as Cisco Tetration™, third-party Netflow collectors) or other analytics tools (such as Cisco Data Center Network Manager Network Insight or Cisco Network Assurance Engine)
● Fabric management: Data Center Network Manager LAN (NX-OS), Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) capabilities (Cisco ACI)
The Data Center Networking Advantage subscription license includes all the features in the Data Center Networking Essentials subscription license plus the advanced capabilities to manage multiple data centers or sites with a single point of control using Cisco ACI Multi-Site or Data Center Network Manager.
Data Center Networking extends the value of Data Center Networking Subscription Advantage by including Day 2 Operations Suite. Built on Cisco’s patented network verification technology, Cisco NAE mathematically verifies the entire network for correctness. It gives operators the confidence of knowing that the network is operating consistent with stated intent. Network Insights for Resources (NIR) and Network Insights Advisor (NIA) Automate troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and remediation to comply with SLAs required by businesses.
Customers now have a choice to consume Cisco Nexus® 9000 software via subscription. These new offers contain the licenses necessary to run in either Cisco ACI or NX-OS mode. This provides customers the flexibility to transition to policy-driven ACI when it is convenient for them. Customers could initially manage their Nexus 9000 infrastructure with the NX-OS management capabilities, and then transition to ACI when ready, without having to purchase any new licenses.
Offering alternatives for both multiple and single data center environments allows customers to tailor their investment to their specific data center landscape.
These subscription offers are available as a 3 or 5 year term. Cisco Software Support is included.
Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS)
Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) delivers the right support for Cisco software products and suites and helps keep your business applications performing as expected. In the Data Center Networking subscription offers, SWSS is already included. To learn more, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/swss.
We are bridging from SWSS to help customers move to Data Center Networking innovation. New Cisco ONE perpetual customers will attach an ACI Essentials subscription license that includes SWSS for the perpetual and subscription licenses. Existing Cisco ONE customers will get an Data Center Networking Essentials subscription license at the time of SWSS renewal that includes SWSS for the perpetual and subscription licenses. This is cost neutral, thus provides substantially more value at no additional cost.
Cisco Smart Net Total Care for Hardware
To help ensure coverage for your Cisco base OS software and hardware, we recommend Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ coverage, which provides 24-hour global support for the underlying hardware platforms on which Cisco ONE Software is deployed. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/smartnet.
Cisco Solution Support
Cisco Solution Support provides centralized support through our solution experts. To learn more, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/solutionsupport.
Cisco Smart Accounts
Cisco Smart Accounts enable the customer to view and control access to all Cisco software licenses and entitlements across the organization. To learn more, visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy/smart-accounts.html.
Digital business relies upon a new digital network in the data center. This new network requires a software-based and policy-driven approach, automation, built-in security, proactive monitoring and troubleshooting. Cisco is delivering this new network for the data center via Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Nexus Operating System (NX-OS).
Through these innovations, we make it easier for IT to respond to the everevolving demands of your business. Cisco is the premier company with the breadth, depth, and intellectual property to fully address your organization’s data center networking needs now and into the future.
To learn more about the Data Center Networking Subscription, please visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/software/one-data-centernetworking-subscription/index.html.
To learn more about how Cisco DNA, ACI, and ECS Infrastructure Software can help your organization on its journey, please visit https://www.cisco.com/go/one.
For information about Cisco Services for Data Center, please visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/data-centervirtualization/service-listing.html.