Ready to Make Your Media Creation Workflows Go Hybrid?
Consumers have insatiable appetites for content, but producers are struggling with rising CDN storage and distribution costs for their ever-growing content libraries.
Infrastructure for media creation is no longer separate parts of computing, networking, and storage, which are costly and complex to manage. Go quickly in your media production and rely on cloud infrastructure partners to provide the cloud storage architecture you need to gain the agility and elasticity to create more content while lowering costs.
Media storage from Cisco is based on Cisco UCS® S-Series Storage Servers, combined with Cisco UCS Manager and SwiftStack storage software to let you easily deploy storage capacity from terabytes to petabytes within minutes. This solution also supports public cloud expansion options using capacity from Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform as part of a hybrid cloud strategy.
Features and Functionality
Media storage from Cisco (Figure 1) supports:
● Massive 600TB data storage capacity per node that easily scales clusters to petabytes with Cisco UCS Manager
● Scalable cloud architecture with built-in disaster recovery and support for multiple sites
● Compatibility and integration with public cloud storage from Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
● Policy-driven storage management framework for zero-touch capacity on demand
● Dual-port 40-Gbps system I/O controllers with Cisco® VIC 1300 Series Embedded Chip for massive throughput
● Unified I/O for Ethernet connecting 40 Gbps over existing 10G cabling infrastructure
● Cloud API access for simple application integration and native origin protocol for CDN services
● High level of visibility for diagnostics, monitoring, and management of cloud storage
● Authorization and policy management for security assurance
● Pretested MAM integration for minimal changes to media creation workflows
● Gain economies of scale using modern storage building blocks
● Future-proof your infrastructure with high-bandwidth networking and high-density storage
● Preserve existing media workflows with multivendor Media Asset Manager (MAM) support
● Accelerate workflows with distributed transcoding and rendering
● Lower total cost of ownership with operational simplicity and lower-cost infrastructure
● Increase agility by bursting, collaborating, and distributing in the public cloud
● Simplify data management using metadata
Cloud Infrastructure for Media Storage
SwiftStack storage software is optimized for the Cisco UCS S-Series, which combines a modular dual-node x86 server; 60 drive slots; and, most importantly, unique dual-port 40G per server nodes. Its architectural flexibility provides high performance or high capacity for your data-intensive media workloads.
Figure 1. Scalable Media Storage Use Cases
Making the right investment in technology can have significant long-term benefits. The Cisco UCS S-Series provides maximum investment protection through multigenerational system design and the flexibility to fit to your unique requirements. As larger drives and newer server models become available, they can be nondisruptively added to existing clusters to independently scale performance and/or capacity.
This infrastructure solution provides immediate value to media creators across your media creation workflow. Policy-based management of data in this architecture enables you to produce and better deliver content to your customers, partners, and audiences.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.cisco.com/go/media.