PDF(218.2 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:September 16, 2016
® SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset is designed exclusively for use with the Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA, and together these products enable the convenience of a cordless on-premises mobility solution for voice-over-IP (VoIP) service. The SPA302D is a mobility enhanced handset, designed primarily for business environments that require a cordless phone to support not just one but multiple telephone numbers or lines, providing a highly innovative VoIP solution for users who tend to frequently move about their location but must always be reachable around the premises.
The intuitive, easy-to-use menu structure on the Cisco SPA302D Handset allows you to easily navigate enhanced business call-control features, including multicall operation, and execute business-essential features such as call transfer, conferencing, hold, new call, mute, speakerphone, voicemail, intercom, and one-touch dial-out from call-history logs. Wideband audio provides unsurpassed high-definition voice quality and enhanced sound clarity while the high-resolution color screen provides clear visual information whether it is reflecting call status, displaying stored contact information from a private or shared phonebook, or configuring handset calling features. Superior performance and range along with highly efficient battery power usage based on DECT technology gives the SPA302D a distinct advantage and provides an affordable solution for customers who want to deploy on-premises mobility at a lower price point.
You can purchase the Cisco SPA302D individually or bundled as the Cisco SPA302DKIT Multi-Line DECT Handset with Base Station, providing flexible options to add up to a total of five handsets when needed and enabling more users with on-premises mobility. The Cisco SPA302D and Cisco SPA232D are interoperable with many softswitch and SIP application servers (BroadSoft and MetaSwitch) and open-source IP-PBX solutions (Asterisk), to provide highly configurable and secure remote provisioning capabilities to enable mass-scale VoIP service provider activation and deployment. The Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA has an integrated DECT base station and is also an affordable, highly reliable voice gateway for connecting an analog phone or fax machine to a service provider; it can also intelligently route VoIP calls to the public switched telephone network (PSTN) and vice versa.
The Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset is ideal for any residential, home office, or business searching for an advanced, multiline cordless mobility solution with superior voice quality to boost efficiency for busy users who must be reachable whether they are in the office or elsewhere on the premises.
Features of the Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset (Figures 1 and 2):
• Ability to make high-quality feature-rich business-quality VoIP calls with cordless handset convenience
• High-resolution color display with hands-free speakerphone and four-way menu navigation button
• Superior performance and range along with highly efficient battery power usage based on DECT technology
• Essential telephony feature support such as caller ID, call transfer, call waiting, call forwarding, three-way conferencing, call history, and private and shared phonebooks
• Cost-effective, multiline on-premises mobility solution capable of registering up to five handsets to a Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA supporting four simultaneous active calls
• Highly configurable and secure remote provisioning capabilities to enable mass-scale service provider activation and deployment
• Ideal solution for residential, small office or home office (SOHO), and business environments
Figure 1. Cisco SPA302D Multi-line DECT Handset
Figure 2. Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA and Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset
The Cisco SPA302D provides an easy-to-use cordless mobility solution for VoIP that offers:
• High-quality voice and business-grade feature support: The Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handset together with the Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA offers an on-premises mobility solution that delivers clear, high-quality voice communication in diverse network conditions. Excellent voice quality in a demanding IP network is consistently achieved with our advanced implementation of standard voice-coding algorithms.
• Large-scale deployment and management: The Cisco SPA302D offers all the important features and capabilities which service providers can provide customized VoIP services to their subscribers. It can be remotely provisioned and is software-upgradable. A secure profile upload saves providers the time, expense, and hassle of managing and preconfiguring or reconfiguring subscriber equipment for deployment. Service providers can remotely provision the SPA302D handset enabling subscribers to incrementally add SPA302D handsets at any time without the need to configure on-site.
• Outstanding security: The Cisco SPA302D supports highly secure, encryption-based methods for communication, provisioning, and servicing.
• Comprehensive feature set: The Cisco SPA302D is compatible with essential Internet VoIP provider features such as caller ID, call waiting, call transfer, call forwarding, three-way conferencing, voicemail, and much more to provide a complete, affordable, and highly reliable VoIP solution.
• Enhanced mobility: The integrated DECT base station of the SPA232D with exclusive support for Cisco SPA302D Multi-Line DECT Handsets provides a simple and reliable mobility solution for users that tend to frequently move about their location but must always be reachable around the premises.
• Easy installation and changes: The Cisco SPA302D menu display enables quick deployment and easy changes.
• Peace of mind: Cisco solutions deliver the solid reliability you expect from Cisco. All solution components have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy setup, interoperability, and performance.
Table 1. Product Specifications
1910 to 1930 MHz (SPA302D-G1 and SPA302DKIT-G1)
1880 to 1920 MHz (SPA302D-G7 and SPA302DKIT-G7)
Range: Indoor: 165 ft (50m); outdoor: 980 ft (300m)
On-hook/Power off button
Two soft-key buttons
Dedicated speakerphone and mute buttons
Four-way navigation keypad
Headset jack: 2.5 mm
Removable belt clip
Charging cradle stand
2.0-in. TFT (176 x 220 pixels), 65,000 colors, backlit with scratch-resistant lens
Software upgradable over the air (SUOTA)
Outgoing default line (when configured with multiple lines)
White illuminated keypad backlight
Status icons (do not disturb [DND], call forward, mute, off-hook, speakerphone, signal status, and battery strength)
Date and time display
Handset name display
Dial key lock
Speed dial: Eight programmable
Private phone book (50 records)
Shared phone book (50 records)
Call history (50 records filtered by Outgoing, Incoming, and Missed)
One-touch dial from call history
Message-Waiting Indicator (MWI) tones
Visual MWI (VMWI)
Keypad and handset parking tones
Distinctive ring support
Administrative personal identification number (PIN) code support
Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC)
New call (support for two active call segments)
Call forward (conditional, unconditional, busy, or no answer)
Call transfer (attended or blind)
Call waiting and indication (CWI)
Three-way conferencing with local mixing
Call parking and unparking
Secure calls (Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol [SRTP])
Intercom (handset to handset)
* Some features may require support by the call-control server.
DECT Base Station* (SPA232D)
* Please refer to the Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA data sheet for additional technical details.
Five handset registrations on a Cisco SPA232D (DECT Base Station)
Four simultaneous active calls
11 individual SIP accounts (10 DECT and 1 FXS)
Interfaces: FXS, FXO, LAN, and WAN (10/100BASE-T)
Codecs: G.722, G.711a-law and mu-law, G.729b and ab, and G.726
SIPv2 (RFCs 3261, 3262, 3263, and 3264)
Dual-tone multifrequency (DTMF): In-band and out-of-band (RFC 2833) (SIP INFO)
Caller ID generation (name and number): Bellcore, DTMF, and ETSI
Handset display language support for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese
FCC (Part 15 Class B), CE, ICES-003, A-Tick certification, Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), and UL
DC input voltage: 5 DC at 1.0A maximum
Power consumption: 5W
Switching type (100-240V) automatic
Power adapter: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz (26-34 VA) AC input, 1.8m cord
CD with documentation including license and warranty
Cisco SPA302D is covered by a Cisco standard 1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty. To download software updates, please visit:
Table 2 gives ordering information for the Cisco SPA302D.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco SPA302D Multi-line DECT Handset
SPA302D-G7 (EU, APAC, ANZ)
Cisco SPA302DKIT Multi-line DECT Handset with Base Station
SPA302DKIT-G7 (EU, APAC, ANZ)
The Cisco Small Business Support Service provides "peace of mind" coverage at an affordable price and helps you get the most value from your Cisco Small Business solution. This device-level, subscription-based service includes software upgrades and updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next-business-day hardware replacement as necessary. It also provides community-based support to enable small businesses to share knowledge and collaborate using online forums and wikis to help boost business efficiency, identify and reduce risks, and serve customers better.
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Small Business solutions, visit
www.cisco.com/go/smallbusiness. For more information about the Cisco SPA232D and other voice gateways and analog telephone adapters (ATAs), visit
www.cisco.com/go/gateways or contact your local Cisco account representative.