Cisco Prime™ IP Express Jumpstart is a high-performing hardware appliance for Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services for the enterprise market. The solution combines the reliability and security of Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP and DNS servers with the ease of deployment of an appliance format and the high performance of Cisco® server hardware.
With the Internet of Everything, any company using technology to support its business operations is experiencing significant growth in networked devices. Automated, always-on DNS and DHCP services are critical to support this growth and the anywhere, anytime access that enterprise network users require. Today's enterprises need to prepare their networks for these new demands, and for the shifts to virtualized environments and IPv6. Current processes for IP address management are largely manual, and simply do not scale.
Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart is designed to address these challenges by helping enterprise network operators effectively manage IP address growth. The solution offers full lifecycle management for IPv4 and IPv6 for enterprises that administer DNS and DHCP services and need a high-performing, reliable platform to service their users and improve operational efficiencies.
Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart provides a streamlined, straightforward installation that lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) and promotes rapid time to value for the DNS/DHCP solution.
Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart includes the following:
● Cisco Prime IP Express DNS: A single, standards-compliant DNS server for IP address translation and service delivery that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 as well as high availability DNS. Cisco Prime IP Express DNS comes preinstalled and preconfigured on the appliance.
● Cisco Prime IP Express DNS Caching Server: A DNS caching server that supports DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) to prevent cache poisoning and other attacks and provides validation that DNS data has been signed.
● Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP: A single, standards-compliant DHCP server for device network access that supports both IPv4 and IPv6. Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP is scalable, fast, and powerful and includes support for both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 failover and a patent-pending discriminating rate limiter for avalanche protection to limit downtime after network outages. Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP comes preinstalled and preconfigured on the appliance.
● Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) C220 M3: High-density, two-socket, one rack-unit (RU) rack-mount server built for production-level network infrastructure, web services, and mainstream data center, branch, and remote-office applications.
● CentOS: Enterprise-class Linux distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public.
● VMware ESXi: VMware virtualization technology preinstalled on the server.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart makes DNS and DHCP easier - saving time, money, and IT resources by simplifying installation and reducing startup costs.
● Fast and easy to implement: The preconfigured server and the preinstalled software allow for a fast and easy deployment as well as low startup costs. DNS and DHCP services can be immediately turned on, configured, and integrated into the network service for fast time to value - all from one vendor, on one box - and the entire solution is supported by Cisco.
● Bring your own device (BYOD) and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) support: An integrated, easy-to-use BYOD portal allows for self-service device registration and management, significantly accelerating provisioning. Compatibility with Microsoft AD for external authentication supports the growing prevalence of AD and lowers operating expenses.
● Hardware superior scale and performance: The Cisco UCS C220 M3 server is designed to meet the needs of customers that choose to deploy rack-mount servers and provides a high-performance solution. The Cisco UCS series employs Cisco technology to help customers handle the most challenging workloads and includes powerful Intel processor technology. The one RU rack-mount server is designed to balance simplicity and outstanding levels of performance and density and to help ensure adequate scalability for today and tomorrow.
● Hardware compact size: The appliance runs on compact hardware - saving equipment rack space and reducing power and cooling costs and helping enable organizations to lower their TCO and build an environmentally friendly infrastructure.
● Grows with the business: The appliance will ship with 1000 permanent IP node licenses. Customers will be able to buy additional licenses to support up to 500,000 IP nodes with this single Cisco UCS server.
See Table 1 for ordering information. To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Network Registrar DHCP/DNS Authoritative Jumpstart Appliance
Network Registrar Caching DNS Jumpstart Appliance
Service and Support
Using the Cisco lifecycle services approach, Cisco and its partners provide a broad portfolio of end-to-end services and support that can help increase your network’s business value and return on investment. This approach defines the minimum set of activities needed, by technology and by network complexity, to help you successfully deploy and operate Cisco technologies and optimize their performance throughout the lifecycle of your network.
About Cisco Prime
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience, providing A-to-Z management for evolved programmable networks, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Prime Network Registrar Jumpstart, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/jumpstart-ip, contact your local account representative, or send an email to email@example.com.