Unlock the network’s full potential for streamlining IT and enabling innovation with Cisco DNA Center.
Cisco DNA Center is a complete software-based network automation and assurance solution and is the dashboard for control and management of Cisco’s intent-based networking system: Cisco DNA. Using the Cisco DNA network controller and APIs, Cisco DNA Center is also open and extensible. It provides broad support for external applications and systems to exchange data and intelligence, building upon Cisco DNA Center’s native functions. Using these open platform capabilities, applications can further assure alignment of the organization’s network with its business objectives.
Cisco DNA Center offers 360-degree extensibility (Figure 1) through four distinct types of platform capabilities:
● Intent-based APIs leverage the controller and enable business and IT applications to deliver intent to the network and to reap network analytics and insights for IT and business innovation.
● Process adapters, built on integration APIs, allow integration with other IT and network systems to streamline IT operations and processes.
● Domain adapters, built on integration APIs, allow integration with other infrastructure domains such as data center, WAN, and security to deliver a consistent intent-based infrastructure across the entire IT environment.
● SDKs allow management to be extended to third-party vendor’s network devices to offer support for diverse environments.
● Streamline IT operations by extending Cisco DNA Center network assurance and automation beyond the network domain and integrating networking into your IT processes.
● Eliminate manually intensive, error-prone tasks and instead focus on achieving high-value, business-enhancing results.
● Protect your investment now and into the future by making sure that your network can enable business innovations and take advantage of technology innovations.
Cisco DNA Center platform provides 360 degree extensibility
These Cisco DNA Center platform capabilities are available to all IT organizations that have deployed Cisco DNA Center with the Cisco DNA Essentials, Cisco DNA Advantage or Cisco DNA Premier software subscription. In addition, Cisco partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) can access the API catalog and other resources that will enable them to build customized solutions via the resource center on DevNet, Cisco’s developer network. Service providers and managed services providers can also use the platform capabilities to simplify the deployment and management of networks for their enterprise customers.
Increasingly, the organization’s network determines the speed of the business. All too often, a sluggish network holds back the velocity of the organization’s evolution. Cisco DNA and Cisco DNA Center provide much-needed automation and assurance on the network. Cisco DNA Center’s open platform capabilities offer the next step in this evolutionary journey. These capabilities vastly increase the value to IT and the business by opening the way for new and innovative network-enabled applications, processes, and solutions that are required today, as well as those that will be identified in the future.
IT organizations can accelerate the journey to intent-based networking with Cisco® Services at all stages of the network lifecycle. In addition to the full portfolio of services that help IT plan, design, deploy and operate their intent-based networking environments, Cisco Services enable customers to build on the Cisco DNA Center open platform capabilities. Together with Cisco partners, the Cisco DNA Center Advise and Implement Service can help you accelerate and secure your deployment of Cisco DNA Center and integrate it with your other IT and business applications, systems and processes.
To learn more about the Cisco DNA Center platform capabilities and how they can help to accelerate your digital transformation, read the Cisco DNA Center platform solution overview.
Take full advantage of the Cisco DNA Center platform capabilities by learning how to program. Jump in and get started. Find easy-to-understand developer resources and examples of real-world partner solutions at https://developer.cisco.com/dnacenter.