The Cisco Online Privacy Statement and this summary apply to Cisco's websites and our affiliates' websites that link to the Statement.
Cisco respects and is committed to protecting personal information. Our Privacy Statement reflects current global principles and standards on handling personal information – transparency, fairness, and accountability. Below are some of the highlights of the Cisco Online Privacy Statement. Note, more specific information on how Cisco processes personal information may be found in Privacy Data Sheets, offer descriptions, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
- We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as processing your order, provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling their functionality, providing you with a newsletter subscription, sending business and marketing communications, personalizing your experience, or managing job applications.
- We will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes.
- We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us improve and better tailor our interactions and performance with you.
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and web-based Solutions through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
Notice and your choices of data use
- We will use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and will not use it for a different purpose without first asking for your permission or having a legal basis for the use.
- We will ask your permission before we share your personal information with third parties for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise stated in our Online Privacy Statement.
Data access and integrity
- To update your personal information and communication preference, click here or visit the specific product or service web site.
- We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
- As a global company, we may transfer your personal information to Cisco in the United States, to any Cisco subsidiary worldwide or to third parties acting on our behalf located outside of the country where the data is collected where data protection standards may be different.
- We do not transfer your personal information to third parties unless those third parties promise to give the information at least the equivalent level of protection that we provide.
- Our personal data protection and privacy policies and practices are designed to comply with applicable laws around the world and to earn and maintain your trust in Cisco.
- Cisco is certified under the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules system and Privacy Recognition for Processors regarding personal data handling and transfers to/from the APEC member economies. For more information on the scope of our participation, or to submit a privacy inquiry through BBB National Programs, our Accountability Agent, please click on the official seal below:
- Cisco’s Binding Corporate Rules – Controller (BCR-C) provide that transfers made by Cisco as a controller worldwide of European personal information benefit from adequate safeguards.
- Cisco is also certified and adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and processing of personal data from the EU/EEA, the UK, and Switzerland.
- Should you have questions, comments or concerns related to this Privacy Statement or the treatment of your personal information, please click here.
- If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
To find out more about our privacy practices, see the full version of the Cisco Online Privacy Statement.
Last updated: May 10, 2021