Use Mobile Devices More Securely
Improve mobile device security and instantly get information anywhere, anytime. (4:23 min)
Connect with Others on Mobile Security
The Secure Mobility Users Group (SMUG) is a forum for users, IT managers and staff, security experts, and others to address the transition from wired to wireless networks. Members will discuss and learn about the challenges that transition presents, and the widespread need for more secure mobile computing. Every regulated enterprise-including public sector, defense, banking, healthcare, and energy-is challenged by the need to provide mobile computing, and secure it to the highest levels mandated by the law.
The SMUG events will include the following topics through presentations, demonstrations, open discussions, and a moderated roundtable panel:
- Technology, policy, and standards in the federal government
- Wired and wireless security use cases and designs
- Mobile devices and mobile device management (MDM) including a review of operating system technologies
- Use cases, approaches, and experiences
August 2013 SMUG Meeting Presentations
- DRS Technologies and Cisco Secure Mobility: Kevin Braz (PDF - 742 KB)
- Secure Mobility Architecture: Mike Kraus (PDF - 3.75 MB)
- Secure Collaboration Architecture: Joel Bonvicini (PDF - 3.38 MB)
- Klas Telecom VoyagerCell: Ryan Kendrick (PDF - 1.04 MB)
Transform Operations and Improve Mission Success
The Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DOD) use technology, information, and collaboration to provide superior products, services and support for U.S. citizens. Today's missions require ongoing and untethered interactions between agencies and their mission partners. Cisco integrated architecture solutions help government agencies manage technology transitions, transform their operations, and improve mission execution. Learn about the technical aspects of Cisco solutions that can benefit the Intelligence Community and improve its use of technology for intelligence purposes.
IC and DOD Resources:
- Transforming Government (PDF - 8.05 MB)
This briefing covers the Cisco Integrated Architecture portfolio with an emphasis on helping to enable bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Secure Virtualization eXperience Infrastructure (SVXI) (PDF - 1.6 MB)
This brief document describes the mission impact of the Cisco Secure Virtualization eXperience Infrastructure (SVXI). SVXI is a transformational technology solution that takes virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to the next level by integrating voice, video, mission application support, advanced security features, and extension to strengthen security for mobile devices.
- Anywhere. Any time. Any device. (PDF - 16.6 MB)
This comprehensive document provides details on Cisco end-to-end Integrated Architecture Solutions. These solutions feature innovative technologies including data center, virtualization, intelligent networks, collaboration, and security.
- Integrated Architecture Solutions (5:41 min)
This video describes the mission impact of Cisco Integrated Architecture Solutions.