Transition to IPv6
Hear about Cisco's commitment to the Department of Defense as they transition to IPv6.
IPv6: Preparing Your Network for New Technologies
IPv6 protocol is being mandated by the federal government for compliance across all federal organizations by September 30, 2012. It is designed to replace IPv4, the Internet protocol currently deployed and used most extensively throughout the world.
The key benefits of IPv6 include:
- Simplified packet header for routing efficiency
- Mandatory IP Security (IPSec) implementation for all IPv6 devices
- Improved support for mobile IP and mobile computing devices
- Enhanced multicast support with increased addresses and efficient mechanisms
Whether your organization is in the public or private sector, Cisco has a strategy to help you successfully transition to IPv6.
Solutions in Borderless Networks
August 30, 2012.
Register Online Now
Network Blueprints and Implementation Aids
Cisco has taken a leading role in the definition and implementation of the IPv6 architecture.
- Deploying IPv6 in Branch Networks
- Smart Business Architecture for Government IPv6 Addressing Guide (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- IPv6 Integration in Federal Government (PDF - 526 KB)
- IPv4 and IPv6 Performance Comparisons (PDF - 1.6 MB)
- IPv6 Certification Testing (PDF - 4.3 MB)
- Deploying IPv6 in a Campus Network (PDF - 2.8 MB)
IPv6 supports a much larger address space and helps to enable new types of applications for communication and collaboration.
- Cisco Enterprise IPv6 Solution
- Dual Stack Network (PDF - 274 KB)
- Cisco IPv6 Certified List
- Transition to IPv6: Taking Your Network to the Next Level (PDF - 293 KB)
- Networx Transformation (TIC, IPv6, FISMA, Collaboration) (PDF - 1.4 MB)
Industry experts share insights about IPv6 topics.
- Cisco IPv6 Blog
- Cisco Participates in IPv6 World Launch on June 6, 2012
- Cisco Achieves Certifications for IPv6 (PDF - 146 KB)
- Locator ID Separation Protocol
- Cisco to Help the 'Connected World' Transition Smoothly to IPv6
- Internet Protocol Journal IPv6 issue (PDF - 978 KB)
- Cisco Federal IPv6 Survey Report - April 2011 (PDF - 848 KB)
- Making a Successful Transition to IPv6
- Are You Ready for IPv6? Are You Sure?
- Moving to IPv6 by Mark Townsley
- Avoiding Another Y2K with IPv6 (Video - 1:56 min)
- A Business Case for IPv6
Learn the industry perspective on IT issues and challenges and get the information you need to make the right decisions for your agency. All webcasts are available on demand unless otherwise noted.
Global Government Certifications
Cisco maintains an active product certification program for government customers.
- Newest Certifications Obtained Within the Past 30 Days (PDF - 70 KB)
- Cisco ISR G2 Earn Multiple Government Security Certifications (PDF - 214 KB)