Credit Card Security Solutions that Minimize Risk
Credit card security solutions from Cisco enable you to protect your assets and powerfully transform your security strategies.
Credit card security has become an even greater challenge for retailers with the advent of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance criteria mandated by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS).
Meeting Credit Card Security Challenges
Ignoring credit card security standards is risky, as retailers can be fined and may lose card processing privileges as a result. Breaches in credit card security can damage a company's brand and lead to financial losses.
Credit Card Security Built to Support PCI Compliance
To address the complexities and risks that credit card security brings to retailers, Cisco has developed the Cisco PCI Solution for Retail. Built on the Cisco Intelligent Retail Network (IRN), these architectures optimize a retailer's ability to meet the 12 PCI compliance requirements.
The Integrated Approach to Credit Card Security
To best deal with the complexity of compliance and credit card security standards, retailers should take a centralized, holistic approach to security infrastructure, policies, and procedures:
- Centrally manage systems and network services
- Simplify PCI compliance by ensuring consistent policies across platforms and applications
- Improve operational efficiency of security policy management
- Accelerate delivery of future network-based applications by allowing a standard set of policies to be assigned as new capabilities are deployed
Ensure Credit Card Security with Powerful Functionality
Improve your credit card security capabilities by applying the extensive experience that Cisco brings to wired and wireless networking technologies. The Cisco PCI Solution for Retail includes architectures and products that retailers of all sizes can customize to meet their credit card security needs. More importantly, Cisco is the only provider that offers a complete set of security products to meet the various touch points associated with PCI Compliance:
- Secure routers: Cisco routers heighten credit card security by supporting wireless, voice, firewall, intrusion prevention, and traffic profiling applications as well as virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Adaptive security appliances: The Cisco ASA 5500 series offers better credit card security through firewall, antiX, intrusion prevention, and VPN support, while integrated IP Security (IPSec) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN capabilities encrypt data across public networks
- Cisco security agent: Protects against worm and day-zero attack while offering sophisticated credit card security measures to thwart information theft from servers and clients
- Compliance reporting and management: The Cisco Secure Access Control Server, Cisco Security Manager, and Cisco Wireless ControlServer deliver centralized credit card security management, monitoring, and remediation
- Network admission control (NAC): Determines which client devices are granted network access
- Cisco compliance assessment services: Perform PCI vulnerability scans to determine compliance readiness and identify areas for credit card security improvement
A Cisco Intelligent Retail Network can strengthen a company's overall credit card security by supporting and enforcing best practices for credit card security, helping protect brand image and assets, and mitigating the risk of fines, penalties, and lost revenue. By integrating advanced credit card security functionality, retailers can truly optimize the security of sensitive information and meet PCI compliance requirements.