New Download Software Area for Cisco IOS Software
In preparation for the upcoming retirement of the IOS Upgrade Planner, the Download Software area now supports all Cisco IOS software. This is one of many enhancements designed to streamline your software download process and make it easier to find IOS Software for your Cisco products.
This area now offers:
- An easy, consistent download experience for all Cisco IOS software
- Improved organization based on product categories
- Ability to navigate Cisco IOS software by product or version
The new features are easily accessible. For product-based navigation, simply select the appropriate category (for example, Routers, Switches, Wireless). For Cisco IOS version-based navigation, select "Cisco IOS and NXOS Software" in the Download Software area.
With all Cisco IOS software now available in the Download Software area, the IOS Upgrade Planner will be retired on April 10, 2009. Please update your IOS Upgrade Planner bookmarks to the Download Software area.
Visit the new Download Software area today and check out the latest features.
Check out the Latest Products in Cisco Software Advisor
Cisco Software Advisor now provides compatibility information for many new routing and switching products. Recent additions and enhancements to this tool include:
- Expansion of supported product portfolio. Now you can look up the Software and Feature compatibility for following platforms:
- Metro Ethernet Series Switches
- Cisco 800 Series Routers including 870s and 880s
- Cisco 7600-S Series Routers
- Cisco 3200 Series Routers
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers
- Cisco 1861 Series Routers
- Cisco 7201 Series Routers
- New Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
Note: This is in addition to support for Catalyst 4500-E, 4900, 2960, and 3560 Series Switches, and new models for 12000 and 1700 Series Routers announced in the October 2008 issue.
- Improved application performance, stability, and data accuracy.
We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please click on the Feedback link in the tool to provide your feedback.
Check out Cisco Software Advisor today. Note: This tool is available only to registered customers with a valid service contract.