- About These Notes
These notes summarize the new features and known limitations for Cisco CIMC Release 1.4(1) and 1.4(2). In the 1.4(2) release, the features of 1.4(1) are introduced on the C260 and C460 server platforms.
For up-to-date information about this release and others, see the complete release notes, available from the Cisco UCS C-Series Servers Documentation Roadmap.
- New & Changed Features
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for Cisco UCS CIMC XML API - The CIMC XML API is a programmatic interface to CIMC in a standalone C-Series server, implemented to behave similar to the UCSM XML API.
- OS support for KVM and Virtual Media - VM support is added for two 64-bit Linux distributions (RHEL 5 and SLES 11), two 64-bit Windows OS (Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2), and Mac OS-X 10.6 (32 and 64-bit).
- Enhanced Active Directory support - Support is added for group authorization and searching nested groups, for multiple domain controllers, and for multiple global catalogs.
- Enhanced SNMP support - Support is added for SNMP V1, V2c and V3 authentication and for MD5/SHA authentication along with AES/DES encryption available for SNMP V3 security. Also, inventory and fault information delivery is added for many hardware components and subsystems.
- General CIMC Management enhancements - Support is added for access to LAN on Motherboard MACs, configuration of FCoE over NIV for the VIC, VM FEXs on the VIC, and control of the hard drive locator LED on MegaRAID enabled adapters.
- Host Upgrade Utility - The per platform Host Upgrade Utility ISO supports firmware upgrades on several plug-in PCIe adapter cards.
- Known Limitations & Behaviors
A comprehensive list of known limitations in Release 1.4 can be found in the Release Notes for Cisco UCS C-Series Software, Release 1.4(2).
For more product information, go to cisco.com/go/ucs.