High Performance and Internal Storage
The Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack Server is designed for both performance and expandability over a wide range of storage-intensive infrastructure workloads ranging from big data to collaboration.
Video Data Sheet (3:11 min)
Increase performance and expandability for storage-intensive workloads.
Building on the success of the Cisco UCS C210 M2 Rack Server, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M3 further extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System portfolio in a 2-rack-unit (2 RU) form factor. And the addition of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family delivers an optimal combination of performance, flexibility, and efficiency gains.
The Cisco UCS C240 M3 offers up to 384 GB of RAM, 24 drives, and four 1GE LAN interfaces built into the motherboard to provide outstanding levels of internal memory and storage expandability along with exceptional performance.
Features and Capabilities
- Suitable for nearly all storage-intensive, 2-socket applications
- Unique Cisco UCS P81E Virtual Interface Card: 2 x 10GE PCIe that can support up to 18 PCIe virtual interfaces
- Exceptional building block and entry point for the Cisco Unified Computing System>
- Continual innovations from Cisco in server technology and at all levels of the Cisco Unified Computing System
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor product family
- Up to 384 GB of RAM with 24 DIMM slots
- Offers 12 or 24 SAS/SATA/SSDs for workloads demanding large internal storage
- 5 PCI Express Gen 3 slots and four 1GE LAN interfaces on the motherboard
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for authentication and tool-less access
Cisco Unified Computing at Work
See industry benchmark results and performance reports for the award-winning Cisco UCS.)
Solution Overview (PDF - 3.6 MB)
Cisco UCS unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system.
Technology Overview of Unified Computing
See how Cisco UCS can greatly simplify your network architecture and operations.
At-a-Glance: Benefits of Cisco UCS (PDF - 3.1 MB)
Read about the various components and innovations that make unified computing a reality.