Wireless Networking Technology
Strengthen business-focused applications for employees, customers, and communities on the move. Improve the end-user experience on legacy and cutting edge wireless devices with industry-leading performance and advanced technology from Cisco.
Cisco wireless networking combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wired networks, offering a dramatic performance increase compared to legacy 802.11a/g networks. Cisco delivers 802.11n and 802.11ac excellence designed to effectively support a vast range of business-focused wireless networks. from the most basic to today's most demanding high-density environments.
Go beyond Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) access. Establish a network, security, and management framework when creating a true mobile workspace for your always-on employees.
- Integrated multi-level security policy and enforcement to protect your network and data
- Consistent policy management and enforcement
- Single integrated solution to simplify delivery of applications, data, and collaboration services
- Application visibility and control for improved user experience and security
- Mobility Services from Cisco and our partners that provide the expertise you need
Connected Mobile Experiences
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) is enabled by the Mobility Services Engine (MSE), with the CMX license working in coordination with the Cisco Wireless Network. The CMX Wi-Fi location-based services offering helps venue owners and retailers engage and better understand their customers using mobility and location intelligence from the Wi-Fi network. CMX capabilities of Mobility Services Engine offer:
- Location-based Wi-Fi analytics for visibility into the number of visitors, their dwell time, and their movements
- Simple guest access and a customized landing experience
- Online and social analytics to better understand customer demographics and their mobile behavior
- An API and SDK to make it easy to create location-based applications and services
CMX helps you build a stronger relationship with customers through a more personalized mobile user experience.
Cisco High Density Experience
Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) improves the performance of legacy and cutting edge wireless and mobile devices with advanced technologies. HDX consists of Turbo Performance, CleanAir with 80MHz support, ClientLink 3.0, and Optimized Roaming.
- Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) for 802.11ac (PDF - 261 KB)
HDX helps optimize performance, mitigation, scalability, and roaming for high-density wireless networks.
- Turbo Performance (PDF - 251 KB)
This technology allows the access point to support a large number of clients without performance degradation.
It offers 80 MHz support and uses silicon-level intelligence to create a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the effects of wireless interference.
- ClientLink 3.0 (PDF - 260 KB)
It helps access points bridge gaps in coverage caused by mixed client devices (802.11a/g/n and ac). It increases access performance and range while providing a better wireless experience.
Clients can roam more intelligently and cleanly between access points. It prevents negative experiences for Wi-Fi users by monitoring the device connection quality and proactively prompting poorly-performing client devices to seek better connections sooner.
Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solution for wireless networks identifies more than 1000 business- or consumer-class applications using deep packet inspection (DPI). With this extraordinary visibility into application traffic, administrators can mark applications for further prioritization, or block them for security reasons or to conserve limited network bandwidth. AVC offers these benefits:
Improved Quality of Experience
Proactive monitoring and end-to-end application visibility accelerate troubleshooting and reduce network downtime.
Better Network Management
Network capacity management and planning improve through greater visibility of application usage and performance.
More Intelligent Prioritization
Business-critical applications and sub-flows are prioritized, including unified communications and collaboration applications like Cisco Jabber, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Skype, Apple FaceTime, and Google Voice.
- Cisco Wireless High Availability (PDF - 392 KB)
- Cisco Wireless Portfolio At-A-Glance (PDF - 1.0 MB)
- Cisco High Density Wireless LAN Design Guide
- CleanAir At-a-Glance (PDF - 311 KB)
- CleanAir Flash Video
- ClientLink 3.0 At-A-Glance (PDF - 261 KB)
- Cisco Aironet 3600 Series Access Point White Paper
- Miercom Lab Testing Report: Cisco Aironet 3700 Series (PDF - 1 MB)
- Miercom Lab Testing Report: Cisco Aironet 3600 Series (PDF - 330 KB)
- 802.11ac Technical White Paper
A More Intelligent Platform
See why Cisco Unified Access offers the right platform for a connected world.Learn More
Migrate to Next-Generation Wireless
Get more bandwidth and higher speed with the latest wireless standard, 802.11ac.Go Now
Wi-Fi Network Efficiency
Discover the benefits of Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) for wireless.Learn More