Document ID: 82053
This series of interactive documents uses a typical head office and branch
office in order to demonstrate some common voice network configurations. This
interactive diagram allows you to view network configurations:
This image is interactive!
Click a component to view configuration
and troubleshooting information.
Refer to Unified CallManager Interactive Voice Network Configuration and Troubleshooting Case Study for requirements assumed by this series of interactive documents.
In order to configure Extension Mobility, complete these steps:
- Add Extension Mobility in Cisco IP Phone Service Configuration
- Verify the Default Device Profile for Each Type of IP Phone
- Add a User Device Profile and DN
- Subscribe the User Device Profile to Extension Mobility Service
- Create an Extension Mobility User and Associate the User Device Profile to this User
- Enable Extension Mobility on the IP Phones and Subscribe to the Extension Mobility Service
- Click Feature > Cisco IP Phone Services > Add a New IP Phone Service.
- Add this Extension Mobility URL as shown in the image:
In order to verify that you have a default profile for each type of IP Phone, click Device > Device Settings > Device Profile Default.
In order to add a user device profile, complete these steps:
- Click Device > Device Settings > Device Profile > Add a New
User Device Profile.
- Enter configuration information as shown in this image:
- Add a directory number (DN) to the user device profile.
This example uses DN 2015.
For more information on these configurations, see Introduction.
Subscribe the user device profile to the Extension Mobility service as shown in this image:
NOTE: If you do not subscribe the user device profile to the Extension Mobility service, the user will be unable to log out of the phone.
In order to create an Extension Mobility user and associate to this user the user device profile that was created in Step 4, complete these steps:
- Click User > Add a New User.
For the user name, this example uses adgjm (which corresponds to numbers 2 through 6 on the IP phone).
- Associate the Extension Mobility user with the Extension Mobility device
In order to enable the Extension Mobility feature for each IP phone, complete these steps:
- Click Device > Phone Configurations.
- Check the Enable Extension Mobility Feature check box.
- Choose Use Current Device Settings from the Log Out Profile drop-down
- Subscribe to the Extension Mobility service for the all IP phones that will use Extension Mobility. For more information, refer to Phone Configuration (San Jose) Interactive Voice Network Configuration Example.
If you followed the steps described in this document, you should be able to log in from any IP phone.
On the IP phone, press the Services button, and then select the Extension Mobility service.
The user name in this case is adgjm, and the PIN is 12345.
If the login is successful, the phone goes into reset mode and then comes up with the new DN (in this example, 2015) that is assigned to the Extension Mobility User Device Profile.
To log out of Extension Mobility on an IP phone, press the Services button, and follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: If you did not subscribe your user device profile to the Extension Mobility service, you will not be able to log out from the IP phone. You must complete a manual log ot from the Phone Configuration section of the Unified CallManager Admin page (granted you have access).
|Updated: Apr 16, 2007||Document ID: 82053|