How do I import an LDAP directory to ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection?
This article is one in a series to assist in the setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Cisco Small Business products (formerly Linksys Business Series).
Q. How do I import an LDAP directory to ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection?A.
The Directory Management feature of ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection uses Lightweight Directory Assistance Protocol (LDAP) directories to help prevent backscatter or "outscatter" spam and Directory Harvest Attacks (DHA).
To import an LDAP directory, you need to do the following:
- Log in to the ProtectLink Gateway console.
- Click the Security Protection tab then click Email Protection.
- Go to Administration and click Directory Management.
- Choose the format of the file that you will import:
- In the Name field, type the name of the LDAP directory.
- In the File location field, do one of the following:
- Type the file directory path and filename.
- Click Browse and locate the *.ldf or *.csv file on your computer.
- Click Open. After the progress bar is complete, you will see a summary screen showing the following:
- Summary - A summary of the information above.
- Domains - The domains you specified when you subscribed to the ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection service.
- Invalid domains - Domains that are included in your LDAP directory, but are not officially registered with your ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection service. ProtectLink Gateway Email Protection cannot provide service for these domains and their corresponding email addresses.
- Click Apply to import the LDAP directory.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.