|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Market Value Statement
Customer premises equipment (CPE) such as Mobile WiMAX modems represents a significant expense for WiMAX service providers. The Cisco BWX 100 Series Modems take advantage of Cisco’s advanced RF performance to reduce the cost of delivering service to subscribers, without compromising performance.
The Cisco BWX 100 Series Modems offer service providers the following benefits:
- Desktop and PC card Mobile WiMAX modem devices provide connections to standards-compliant Mobile WiMAX networks
- Cisco BWX 100 Series desktop modems support Ethernet 100BASE-T direct connections to a PC or a Linksys® router
- The Cisco BWX 120 laptop modem slides into a PC card slot in most PC laptop models
- Zero-touch installation greatly reduces OpEx by eliminating the need for truck rolls
- The modems support adaptive beamforming to increase coverage and capacity
- Complete integration with the Cisco Service Exchange Framework (SEF) enables comprehensive subscriber management and service control
- As a component of the Cisco Broadband Wireless network architecture, the Cisco BWX 100 Series helps provide a tested, integrated end-to-end system
The Cisco BWX 100 Series Modems use multiple internal antennas to support adaptive beamforming, which reduces uplink power requirements. As a result, the Cisco BWX 100 Series Modems are smaller, lighter, and cost less than competing subscriber equipment, while performing better and in locations that defeat other modems. Building on more than 20 years of Internet technology innovation, Cisco now uses Mobile WiMAX to extend broadband beyond the reach of wired networks.